From: Markus Weber on
Hi everyone,

did anyone ever came across the problem, that addresses in the
To:/Cc: field of external addresses showing up as

=SMTP:user(a)domain.TLD

after a pst has been imported with Import-Mailbox on Exchange
2010?

Effect would be, that users would not be able to reply on these
addresses (reply all). The From: address is ok.

Opening the pst directly with the client does not expose this
problem, but that's not a real migration option ...

Lab environment is based on Windows Srv Std 2008R2, Trail version
of Exchange 2010 (Build 639.21), on the import host Outlook 2010
x64 Beta (Pro Plus, only Outlook installed, 14.0.4536.1000) is used
and the client is on Win7 Pro 32bit/Outlook 2007 or/and OWA of the
Exchange server itself.

Any idea? Many thanks, Markus

Background: We prepare a inter forest migration from a W2K domain
with Exchange Server 2003 SP2 to W2K8R2 and Exchange 2010. No in-
tention to use ADMT , "same" accounts will be manually entered in
the new domain and X500 addresses added so replies to "internal"
users will work.
Not sure if New-MoveRequest would be an option at all (I think I
remember having read somewhere, that it would require a 2K3 DC in
the source domain) - it looks like it's doing a bit too much ...
I only need the content copied in the target org, sometimes to a
different user name, no perms/attrs migrated at all ...

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
What does your e-mail address policy look like?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Never mind. On re-read, I can see that I misunderstood your problem.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Markus Weber on
Thanks anyhow. Maybe someone else encountered this as well or
has a clue, what could cause this (and how to fix this).

There's still hope ;-) Markus

Regarding the option of New-MoveRequest: My memory served me
right: "The operations system version of the domain controller
at <FQDN> is 5.0 (2195) Service Pack 4. The minimum version
required is 5.2 (3790) Service Pack 1.". Does the source do-
main needs to be on 2003 level or is just a GC needed, running
on 2003 SP1?

From: Markus Weber on

Just to add: This also happens to emails in PSTs generated
with Export-Mailbox on the same server and then re-imported
with Import-Mailbox, while reading the same PST with Outlook
2010 beta or other versions show the emails as they should.

Anyone else seen this? Or can someone say, it's working for
him?

Thanks, Markus