From: anthonyedwards on

Hi, thanks for your response!

We were getting a system slowdown.

It seems to happen when Act's (2010) SQL server instance is using around
1-1.4GB RAM, I don't think this is normal. When I restart it, it goes
down to a consistent 500MB.

I want to be able to easily re-implement our exchange services, I will
try stopping the exchange services as well for now as you suggested.

Thanks
Anthony

--
anthonyedwards
anthonyedwards's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/244590.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Leythos on
In article <anthonyedwards.4e4uxc(a)DoNotSpam.com>,
anthonyedwards.4e4uxc(a)DoNotSpam.com says...

> Hi, thanks for your response!
>
> We were getting a system slowdown.
>
> It seems to happen when Act's (2010) SQL server instance is using around
> 1-1.4GB RAM, I don't think this is normal. When I restart it, it goes
> down to a consistent 500MB.
>
> I want to be able to easily re-implement our exchange services, I will
> try stopping the exchange services as well for now as you suggested.

Exchange will use all the memory it can find, it starts taking it
slowly, over hours/days. Eventually, it will take and hold all free
memory, much the same way that MSSQL does.

Restarting the server or SQL causes the cache allocation to be 0/empty,
but it will always creep back up - that's natural.

Trust yourself.