From: Tricia on
I cannot for life of me get exclude dictionary to work.

I have put the words on a notepad file, i pressed enter between each word,
the words are in lower case. I have saved the file in a multitude of ways,
but none work. The path I am using is:
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof and I am saving as a
text only file.

All of the help files relate how to do this for american spelling, and not
for vista or word 2007.

Here is my question - What exactly do I call the file and where exactly do I
save it? Pls Don't forget, I am using Australian english.

From: Janine on
Hi Tricia

For Word 2002/2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902163

It may be same for 2007.

From: Janine on
You have to rename your txt exclusion dictionary as:

MSSP3ENA.EXC (Australia).

From: Tricia on
Hi Janine, Thanks for trying - those help files I have already looked at a
million times :D

The reason they are not compatible is that the exclude files in Word Vista
2007 are saved as:
ExcludeDictionaryEN0c09
ExcludeDictionaryEN1c09
ExcludeDictionaryEN0409 (I think this is the American one)
ExcludeDictionaryEN0809
ExcludeDictionaryFR040c

so who know which is the Australian one!!

From: Jay Freedman on
In the names of those files, EN means English (and FR means French), and the
last characters are the "locale ID" as listed in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221435 -- after the "&H" in parentheses. So the
locale ID for Australia is C09 or, equivalently, 0C09 (not to be confused with
1C09, which is South Africa).

Name your exclusion dictionary ExcludeDictionaryEN0c09.lex and it should work.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman