From: mountain man on
SECOND AUSTRALIAN EXPERIMENT
CONFIRMS THE EXISTENCE OF
A PREFERRED (spatial) FRAME

Cahill has claimed that Michelson interferometers can only
detect absolute motion if there is gas in the light path. So far
5 such gas-mode experiments have been identified, including
in particular Michelson and Morley, and Miller. As well the
results from these have been confirmed by the totally different
coaxial cable technique (3 experiments). In recent years there
have been a number (5?) of modern versions of the Michelson
interferometer experiment. This uses two orthogonal resonant
Fabry-Perot cavities. Rather than detecting interference fringes
as the device is rotated these experiments detect changes in the
beat frequency of the resonant frequencies of the two cavities
as the device is rotated. Essentially Cahill's theory also applies
to these devices. His theory predicts that these experiments
will detect no evidence of absolute motion as they suffer from
the same design flaw of all Michelson vacuum-mode
interferometers - because of an exact cancellation between the
path length changes and the relativistic length contraction effect
for the arms. Despite the design flaw in these vacuum cavity
experiments, which are thus dud experiments, their non-response
is claimed to prove the anisotropy of the speed of light.

However a major development has occurred - two physicists
(Dawkins and Luiten) at the University of Western Australia
reported last week at a physics conference in Brisbane Australia
that when gas (nitrogen at 10 torr) was placed in one of the
cavities they detected a preferred frame, as Cahill predicted.

They only had two days of data for presentation to the conference,
but that data clearly detected the rotation of the earth with respect
to a preferred frame by means of a clean sinusoidal shift in the beat
frequency with a 24 hour period. Soon they will have a speed and
direction of absolute motion after further refining the experiment.
If this initial report is confirmed we would now have 9 successful
absolute motion experiments.

Pete Brown
http://www.mountainman.com.au/process_physics/

From: Sue... on
mountain man wrote:
> SECOND AUSTRALIAN EXPERIMENT
> CONFIRMS THE EXISTENCE OF
> A PREFERRED (spatial) FRAME
>
> Cahill has claimed that Michelson interferometers can only
> detect absolute motion if there is gas in the light path. So far
> 5 such gas-mode experiments have been identified, including
> in particular Michelson and Morley, and Miller. As well the
> results from these have been confirmed by the totally different
> coaxial cable technique (3 experiments). In recent years there
> have been a number (5?) of modern versions of the Michelson
> interferometer experiment. This uses two orthogonal resonant
> Fabry-Perot cavities. Rather than detecting interference fringes
> as the device is rotated these experiments detect changes in the
> beat frequency of the resonant frequencies of the two cavities
> as the device is rotated. Essentially Cahill's theory also applies
> to these devices. His theory predicts that these experiments
> will detect no evidence of absolute motion as they suffer from
> the same design flaw of all Michelson vacuum-mode
> interferometers - because of an exact cancellation between the
> path length changes and the relativistic length contraction effect
> for the arms. Despite the design flaw in these vacuum cavity
> experiments, which are thus dud experiments, their non-response
> is claimed to prove the anisotropy of the speed of light.
>
> However a major development has occurred - two physicists
> (Dawkins and Luiten) at the University of Western Australia
> reported last week at a physics conference in Brisbane Australia
> that when gas (nitrogen at 10 torr) was placed in one of the
> cavities they detected a preferred frame, as Cahill predicted.
>
> They only had two days of data for presentation to the conference,
> but that data clearly detected the rotation of the earth with respect
> to a preferred frame by means of a clean sinusoidal shift in the beat
> frequency with a 24 hour period. Soon they will have a speed and
> direction of absolute motion after further refining the experiment.
> If this initial report is confirmed we would now have 9 successful
> absolute motion experiments.
>

> Pete Brown
> http://www.mountainman.com.au/process_physics/

"Always Knowing Precisely How Fast the Earth is Turning"
http://www.zeiss.com/C125716F004E0776/0/DB95426F0494AB1DC125717500445CEE/$File/Innovation_10_18.pdf

The gas pressuse must be carefully controlled.

Cahill's theory suffers the same flaws as Einstein's where
matter and space are interchanged with inadaquate rigour.

The paper:
http://www.scieng.flinders.edu.au/cpes/people/cahill_r/PP-07-15.pdf
....mistates nearfield magnetic effects, over 100 years after
Oliver Heaviside formalised them.

http://www.conformity.com/0102reflectionsfig3.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_impedance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_space

Sue...

Sue....

From: Surfer on
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:17:22 GMT, "mountain man"
<hobbit(a)southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote:

<snip>
>In recent years there
>have been a number (5?) of modern versions of the Michelson
>interferometer experiment. This uses two orthogonal resonant
>Fabry-Perot cavities. Rather than detecting interference fringes
>as the device is rotated these experiments detect changes in the
>beat frequency of the resonant frequencies of the two cavities
>as the device is rotated.

<snip>

>However a major development has occurred - two physicists
>(Dawkins and Luiten) at the University of Western Australia
>reported last week at a physics conference in Brisbane Australia
>that when gas (nitrogen at 10 torr) was placed in one of the
>cavities they detected a preferred frame, as Cahill predicted.
>
>They only had two days of data for presentation to the conference,
>but that data clearly detected the rotation of the earth with respect
>to a preferred frame by means of a clean sinusoidal shift in the beat
>frequency with a 24 hour period.

Wow, thanks, thats exciting news !
But before jumping to conclusions, they need to make sure that the
period is a sideral day, rather than a solar day.

>Soon they will have a speed and
>direction of absolute motion after further refining the experiment.
>If this initial report is confirmed we would now have 9 successful
>absolute motion experiments.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Regards,
Surfer

-
- "Faith in wilderness, or in nature as a creative force...
- is a philosophy, a faith; it is even, if you like,
- a religion.
- It puts your ultimate trust not in human intelligence,
- but in whatever it is that created
- human intelligence."
-
- - Joseph Wood Krutch
-
- http://www.pantheist.net
- http://www.pantheism.net
-
From: Dirk Van de moortel on

"Surfer" <surfer(a)no.spam.net> wrote in message news:6l40o25steb3i912ggnkhf7lko4adr32s3(a)4ax.com...
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:17:22 GMT, "mountain man"
> <hobbit(a)southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>In recent years there
>>have been a number (5?) of modern versions of the Michelson
>>interferometer experiment. This uses two orthogonal resonant
>>Fabry-Perot cavities. Rather than detecting interference fringes
>>as the device is rotated these experiments detect changes in the
>>beat frequency of the resonant frequencies of the two cavities
>>as the device is rotated.
>>
> <snip>
>>
>>However a major development has occurred - two physicists
>>(Dawkins and Luiten) at the University of Western Australia
>>reported last week at a physics conference in Brisbane Australia
>>that when gas (nitrogen at 10 torr) was placed in one of the
>>cavities they detected a preferred frame, as Cahill predicted.
>>
>>They only had two days of data for presentation to the conference,
>>but that data clearly detected the rotation of the earth with respect
>>to a preferred frame by means of a clean sinusoidal shift in the beat
>>frequency with a 24 hour period.
>>
> Wow, thanks, thats exciting news !
> But before jumping to conclusions, they need to make sure that the
> period is a sideral day, rather than a solar day.
>

>>Soon they will have a speed and
>>direction of absolute motion after further refining the experiment.
>>If this initial report is confirmed we would now have 9 successful
>>absolute motion experiments.
>>
> Looking forward to hearing more.
>
> Regards,
> Surfer

Warning:
Surfer = Reginald Cahill.
Coward :-)

Dirk Vdm

From: Surfer on
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:08:41 GMT, "Dirk Van de moortel"
<dirkvandemoortel(a)ThankS-NO-SperM.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Warning:
>Surfer = Reginald Cahill.

Rubbish !

-