From: JackSpratt on
No doubt this has been asked a thousand times.
Easy way to increase the size of a vhd?
I seem to have underestimated how quickly I would use up the size of my
win2.8k virtual.

Did a quick Google and found talk of 3rd party tools and stuff.
Does it take that?
From: Steve Jain on
Yes. YOu can't expand a VHD beyond its maximum size without 3rd party tools
or imaging it to a larger VHD

From: RCan on
yes you can :-)

1. you do have an Hyper-V system available which can expand a VHD.
2. Have an Win7/R2 system available and use diskpart for expand the maximum
size of a VHD -> SELECT VDISK FILE="c:\test\test.vhd" -> EXPAND VDISK
MAXIMUM=100 (MB)

Regards
Ramazan

From: Steve Jain on
One thing to keep in mind is the maximum limit for a VHD for VPC is 127GB.
Don't expand it beyond that.

From: JackSpratt on
RCan wrote:
> yes you can :-)
>
> 1. you do have an Hyper-V system available which can expand a VHD.
> 2. Have an Win7/R2 system available and use diskpart for expand the
> maximum size of a VHD -> SELECT VDISK FILE="c:\test\test.vhd" -> EXPAND
> VDISK MAXIMUM=100 (MB)

Perfect... almost.
Now my guest OS has 28GB of unallocated space.
How do I merge this onto the existing drive?