From: Nikolaus Kern on
Hello all,

I wonder which tools you are using for following purpose:
*) tracking bugs
*) documenting Change requests
*) Building release notes

There are a number of tools (e.g. bugzilla) that serve a purpose like
that. From the administrative aspects they seem to be a little bit
oversized for a single developer.

Whats your experience on that subject?

Looking forward

Niko
From: richard.townsendrose on
Niko

well after developing for nearly 25 years i can positively say as
follows:
a) ESSENTIAL that you make notes in the code ...
// INITIALS // DATE // NOTES are all needed
// DONT FORGET change also ....
b) for tracking users requests I use a DCN - document change note
specifies what the global change is. lists all the bits to change like
manual modules, php scripts etc etc [spreadsheet or these days i am
back to notepad]
c) TESTING - just dont forget to keep a dataset to use for this ...

richard