From: joe on
Hello!

Since some days i do have the same issue. If I go into my network properties of an VPN connection and then click on advanced tab thats it, immediately the machine hangs completely... its a VPC running xp and latest SP.

i did the recommended regsvr32 hnetcfg.dll but nothing changes.

any other ideas ?

i cam along this issue because on of my VPN connections is not working from this VPC, but its working from a physical machine in the same network. But this is another issue.

If anyone else already came along this issue, i would appreciate anything else to try.

cheers joe

undisclosed wrote:

Hi,Try this command as a simple test just to see if it changes anythingfor you.
16-Jun-10

Hi,

Try this command as a simple test just to see if it changes anything
for you.
go start>run. command is, regsvr32 hnetcfg.dll
You should get a message saying succeeded, see if the issue is still
there.
Its worth a go for the sake of a few seconds. Let us know if anything
changes

--
JAM_EZZ

On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:45 PM
Ivan B?tora wrote:

Explorer crash - Network connections
Hi all,

I have three network connections set up in my computer - Local Area Connecion,
one dial-up connection and one VPN connection. When I open Network connections
in Control Panel, then go to the Properties of either the dial-up or the VPN
connecion and click on the Advanced tab, Explorer crashes with an error. This
does not happen with the LAN connection.

I am not sure since when this has been happening.

My system is Windows XP Professional SP3 with all latest updates.

Here is the error information, copied from Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 16. 6. 2010
Time: 2:26:14
User: N/A
Computer: MB
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module
hnetcfg.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x00018241.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 65 78 70 ure exp
0018: 6c 6f 72 65 72 2e 65 78 lorer.ex
0020: 65 20 36 2e 30 2e 32 39 e 6.0.29
0028: 30 30 2e 35 35 31 32 20 00.5512
0030: 69 6e 20 68 6e 65 74 63 in hnetc
0038: 66 67 2e 64 6c 6c 20 35 fg.dll 5
0040: 2e 31 2e 32 36 30 30 2e .1.2600.
0048: 35 35 31 32 20 61 74 20 5512 at
0050: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
0058: 30 30 31 38 32 34 31 0d 0018241.
0060: 0a .

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ivan

On Wednesday, June 16, 2010 2:03 PM
undisclosed wrote:

Hi,Try this command as a simple test just to see if it changes anythingfor you.
Hi,

Try this command as a simple test just to see if it changes anything
for you.
go start>run. command is, regsvr32 hnetcfg.dll
You should get a message saying succeeded, see if the issue is still
there.
Its worth a go for the sake of a few seconds. Let us know if anything
changes

--
JAM_EZZ

Telerik RadControls For Silverlight (3 and 4) Q1 2010
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6566fc91-a77c-4553-8ac2-7a7fa36e63a1/telerik-radcontrols-for-silverlight-3-and-4-q1-2010.aspx
From: undisclosed on

Hi,

Sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. Glad you have it sorted, the
crashing was probably because of corruption somewhere. You did exactly
what i would of suggested you to do next.

--
JAM_EZZ
From: Ivan B�tora on
Thanks for your response.

I did try running the command, and it executed successfully. However, the
crashes still persisted.

Following what "joe joe" did, I deleted and re-created the two connections which
gave me problems. The crashes now do not happen anymore. :)

In news:14339ac83a588536878036f80d47c6cd(a)nntp-gateway.com, undisclosed typed:

From: undisclosed on

--
JAM_EZZ