From: Don Hardie on
I got this message: -

Logical Disk Manager (LDM) is not registered.
LDM supports Windows 2000 or later.

when I cloned my D drive with Acronis, the only way I was able to get into
the Disk Manager was to remove my C drive and install a backup of it I made
earlier and it worked ok. I just cloned my E drive and the Disk Manager now
gives the same message again. I've Googled the message and found a lot of
ideas of how to fix it, but none of them work.
Can anyone help.
Don
From: Don Hardie on
Sorry, I forgot to mention I am running XP with SP3

Don

From: Paul on
Don Hardie wrote:
> I got this message: -
>
> Logical Disk Manager (LDM) is not registered.
> LDM supports Windows 2000 or later.
>
> when I cloned my D drive with Acronis, the only way I was able to get into
> the Disk Manager was to remove my C drive and install a backup of it I made
> earlier and it worked ok. I just cloned my E drive and the Disk Manager now
> gives the same message again. I've Googled the message and found a lot of
> ideas of how to fix it, but none of them work.
> Can anyone help.
> Don

The first hit in a web search, is an article on Logical Disk Manager.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Disk_Manager

In Disk Management (Start : Run : diskmgmt.msc),
you'll see either "basic" or "dynamic" listed for each
disk. Dynamic disks are a slightly more complicated
option. You'd want to break out your Acronis manual,
and see if there are any special precautions for
Dynamic disks or the partitions on them. (If you have
a PDF manual, it won't take long to search for "Dynamic".)

Any time Windows has tried to "pull a fast one", and create
a dynamic disk, I've immediately changed it back to basic.
The main advantage of basic, is fewer surprises, when using
disk utilities at a later date.

So I can't answer your question, but I'd want to look
over your setup and try something a bit simpler. In your
a clone as well. So whatever is going on, may have been there
for a while.

http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/b478ab4c228efabd/9dbbe3276ca6d626

Paul