From: gem1204 on
I have a lot MS Access 2003 reports that has multiple groupings on the report
that I need to export to Excel. When I exported the report to Excel
everything was out of whack because of the group headers and footers. I
tried exporting the report to HTML and all of the columns including the
groups lined up perfectly! I could even open the html document using excel
and everything was perfect. Opening the html document with Excel would work
except for the fact that Access puts the report out into multiple html
documents.
I need the data to be output exactly as it is on the reports with all of the
groupings and totals for each group so outputting a table or query wouldn't
work because it wouldn't have any of the subtotals I need. Outputting the
data to XML also wouldn't work because I wouldn't be able to automatically
open it Excel for my boss.

My supervisor wants the data with the sub totals so he can do who knows what.
The reports are quite large some containing a thousand rows or more.
I know quite a bit of VBA so I could automate the process of outputting the
data to an html document and then simply stuffing the data into an html
document and then opening it with Excel.

Does anyone know how to force MS Access to stuff everything into one html
document instead of multiple documents when exporting table, forms or reports
to HTML?.

From: Mark Andrews on
As a guess you could try:
- create report in pdf format
- use one of those pdf to excel converters or pdf to word converters or pdf
to html converters
Try google for these products. The pdf to word seems to work pretty well,
much better than the built-in rtf output.
haven't tried the others.

You could build the html in code without using a report (but might be
difficult dealing with grouping and totals etc...)

maybe this will help?

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software