From: JM on

>> A statement of the simplified (n^6) model is available at:

Hi,

may be this is of interest for both of you:
I have developed a linear programming model for a general TSP with N^6
variables published under
http://www.merlins-world.de

Would be glad to get your feedback.

Regards

Joachim

PS: Dear Radek, good look for your search for super-computer
capacities. If you find it please let me know as I'm interested in
running my model for more than 20 cities ;-)

From: Rados�aw Hofman on
Oh, that is OK - I am running my calculations for this new O(n^6) model...
The problem is that there are still millions of non-zero variables for my
graph left so it takes much time...

Anyway - I am very glad that you agreed with arguments why your model is
O(n^6) - in my opinion it is still unable to solve large instance of TSP
problem, but further on we may have discussion about merit not about
formulation :-).

Best regards,

Radek Hofman

From: Radosław Hofman on
Hi,

I have taken a look at presentation you have provided (could you send me
full article to my email?). It seems that your idea is almost the same as
Diaby's (anyway - there are only few approaches used for P=NP claims, so it
is not surprising :-) ).

I do not say that there is any kind of influence to your model - several
years ago I was also trying to build exact algorithm for NP-complete problem
and one of ideas I have evaluated was nearly the same... So that is why I
think that it is your own model.

Any way if you think about why O(n^3) fails (slide 13) then you may observe
that there is difference between integer and non-integer solution because
SUM function cannot identify what is taken into account. If then you propose
O(n^6) model then in other words one might say that you build model of
O(n^3) graphs where each graph is exactly like graph in O(n^3) model... So,
if O(n^3) fails then why do you think that large number of such graphs do
not fail? Because “SUM” of graph prevents it? But you have seen that SUM
fails...

I think you might agree with this:
- O(n^3) fails
- 2 x O(n^3) fails
- 3 x O(n^3) fails
- k x O(n^3) fails
- (n^3-1) * O(n^3) fails

So - what is so special in one graph more that you think that this time it
will provide exact solution? :-)

My first CE from 2006 was for model with O(n^9) variables with only one
constraint missing. This constraint is added to my new CE, so please try
your framework against it - unfortunately it has 27 cities, but I am able to
run calculations for this using my laptop.

Best regards,

Radek Hofman

From: moustapha.diaby on
On Jun 12, 5:40 am, "Rados³aw Hofman" <rad...(a)teycom.pl> wrote:
> Oh, that is OK - I am running my calculations for this new O(n^6) model...
> The problem is that there are still millions of non-zero variables for my
> graph left so it takes much time...
>
> Anyway - I am very glad that you agreed with arguments why your model is
> O(n^6) -

The "projection" I presented is n^6. Higher order projections onto the
same space are possible (for the n^9 model in particular).

in my opinion it is still unable to solve large instance of TSP
> problem, but further on we may have discussion about merit not about
> formulation :-).

Your argumentation in support of this opinion has been trivially
invalid.

//MD
From: Radoslaw Hofman on

Uzytkownik <moustapha.diaby(a)business.uconn.edu> napisal w wiadomosci
in my opinion it is still unable to solve large instance of TSP
> problem, but further on we may have discussion about merit not about
> formulation :-).

Your argumentation in support of this opinion has been trivially
invalid.

:-))))))

I will agree when I shall se mathematical proof :-)

Best regards,

Radek Hofman