From: M.Craft on
I was wondering if its possible to have an external cast when you publish to
the web. I am building a photo web site and want to have decent res. photos.
But the size of my cast is looking at being around 30mb, making the DCR file
about 3 or 4. Can I have the external cast load after the movie starts, so
people don't have to wait for it all to be downloaded at the beginning. Thanks
for any help.

From: Applied CD on
Sure, use preloadNetThing to download the cast. Make sure the download is
complete using netDone before accessing the cast. Use getStreamStatus to build
a custom progress bar. If you get the error ?myCast.cct is not a Director file?
check the mime types on your web server. 3rd party hosting companies often
specify on the most common Shockwave file extension, .dcr, but they forget or
leave off the others. There?s a tech note somewhere in Adobe?s knowledge base
that has a full list of all possible mime types ? I did a quick search and
couldn?t find it again, but I?m sure it?s there if you need it.

From: tr on
Also, your work files need to be in a folder called dswmedia for some
reason.

From: Andrew Morton on
tr wrote:
> Also, your work files need to be in a folder called dswmedia for some
> reason.

Only when testing locally, not when it's being used from a web server. It's
a security thing so that a SW movie cannot access everything on the
computer.

Andrew

From: tr on
I don't think it's when testing that it has to be in a local dswmedia
folder. It's when your actually working on your director files on your
computer and save the shockwave files that they need to be in the dswmedia
folder.

tr

"Andrew Morton" <akm(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> tr wrote:
>> Also, your work files need to be in a folder called dswmedia for some
>> reason.
>
> Only when testing locally, not when it's being used from a web server.
> It's a security thing so that a SW movie cannot access everything on the
> computer.
>
> Andrew
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2