From: George on
Good Day,

I have a date that I'm pulling from a report that is in a text string
format. What i need to be able to do is extract the month from the string so
that I can run a script against the month name. The format of the string is
as follows.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sam
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Maybe this

= MID(A1, FIND(" ",A1,1)+1, FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)+1)-(FIND("
",A1,FIND(" ",A1,1))))
--
Mike

question.

From: Bernard Liengme on
=MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+2,FIND(" ",A1,FIND(",",A1)+2)-FIND(",",A1)-2)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: George on
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the quick response...It's exactly what I needed and works
perfectly..

George

From: Charlize on

VBA Code:
--------------------

Sub Give_month()
Dim thedate As String
'the stringdate is placed in a cell
'the cursor is located on that cell when you
'run this code
thedate = Split(Trim(Split(ActiveCell.Text, ",")(1)), " ")(0)
MsgBox thedate
End Sub

--------------------

When you want to incorporate this in your coding, replace
activecell.text with the variable you are using for the loop.

Charlize

--
Charlize
Charlize's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1168