From: Julia862621 on
Does anyone know how I can preserve my date format (dd/mm/yy) when doing a
mail merge from Excel to Word? I would like to show either dd/mm/yy or 10
February 2010, but it keeps being switched round to American format
(mm/dd/yy).

Thanks!
From: Dave Peterson on
Debra Dalgleish posted this:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions here:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CustomizingWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

==========
I often cheat instead of racking my brain.

I'll insert another column (probably hidden!) and use:
=text(a2,"ddmmyy")
or
=text(a2,"mm:ss.0")
or
=text(a2,"00000")
(or whatever format I want)
and use that field in the mailmerge.

(Cheating doesn't bother me anymore <vbg>.)

--

Dave Peterson