From: rosiesims on
So here is the situation

Currently at 150 and over the next year we want decrease to >24% of that
So end result to be 114

How do I show each month as a percentage of that 24%?

Meaning if one month we are at 123, how do I show that in comparison to the
year end of > 24%

From: Bob I on
Depends, one way would be to have each cell drop by 2% so A1=150,
B1=A1*.98, C1=A1*.96.......

From: Brad on
assuming that the number in question is in b2
=if(b2>150,b2*(1-.24),b2)

Not sure what you are wanting in the monthly comparsions - but assuming that
the equation provided above is in cell c2

Are you wanting in cell d2 - to be c2/b2?

--
Wag more, bark less

From: rosiesims on
thanks brad

i have a figure and by years-end we want to have a reduction by 24%, but
each month i want to show a percentage on how i am doing currently in
comparision to that 24%
(ie am i at 22% of our 24% target)

i hope that makes sense.

From: Brad on
If I got this right last years number is
150
you want to reduce it 24%
150*(1-24) = 114

you right now are at 123

isn't the reduction

(150-123)/150 = 18%

Not seeing were the 22% is coming from

If you were at 114 would you say "we are at 24% of our 24% target"? Which
means you still have a long way to go.

If you took the 18%/24% - you could say that "we are at 75% of our 24% target"

If this is helpful click yes.

--
Wag more, bark less