From: glitteringsounds on
Hello,

Can any body give me the idea how to extract information from win 32
dll's.
e.g
class name
all methods which dll exports.
name of methods, parameter types(in,out) & return type of that method.
all variables (private,public,protected).
all data structures listed

we can do the same job from tlb file which is generated from idl
which stores all COM exposed interfaces,co-classes,records, enums and
etc..
MS provided TypeLib for this purpose. but from DLL perspective can we
do the same job as we can do from tlb using ITypeLib of MS?

What OLEView do with TLB files : parse them, extract every single info
(e.g methods,parameter names,their nature in/out, all interfaces types
dispinterfaces or simple interfaces, modules and records etc..)

Same information want to extract from win32 dll's. But as win dlls
always not generate tlb file or idl file, so how does the way to go..?

MS or others have not given any standards for Win32 dll's from every
aspect(like how many functions contained by DLL, how many parameters
as input for every function, how many
structs ,modules,interfaces,imports & exports a dll have) ..So how can
we parse these DLL's and can extract information (statted above) from
DLL's?

e.g KERNEL32.dll (its Win32 DLL) contains how many functions, return
types of these functions, input parameters and output parameters,types
of these params, modules and structs it contain.

One way is PE Parsing..With this way we unable to get parameter
types,names and return type of function(but we get fully decorated
name of method..with some HEX stuff)

Finally header file remains(as suggested others), but dont know how
much difficulties can produce in this way.

DLL's have no standards contrast with COM which have defined
standards. So how to parse Win 32 Dll's