From: Bubbler on
After a re-install of Roxio EMC 9, Windows Explorer is very, very slow
responding (eg. opening a drive or folder). I see no other apps running,
and essentially no CPU usage.
A google search shows a number of similar situations with WE, but no clear
explanation or remedy. Any ideas?

-Bub

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Is this on the WinXP SP3 computer you used to post your question?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Donald Anadell on

"Bubbler" <Nono(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> After a re-install of Roxio EMC 9, Windows Explorer is very, very slow
> responding (eg. opening a drive or folder). I see no other apps running,
> and essentially no CPU usage.
> A google search shows a number of similar situations with WE, but no clear
> explanation or remedy. Any ideas?
>
> -Bub

Have you tried this resource:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showforum=83

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

From: Bubbler on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is this on the WinXP SP3 computer you used to post your question?

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Bubbler wrote:
>> After a re-install of Roxio EMC 9, Windows Explorer is very, very slow
>> responding (eg. opening a drive or folder). I see no other apps running,
>> and essentially no CPU usage.
>> A google search shows a number of similar situations with WE, but no
>> clear
>> explanation or remedy. Any ideas?

Yes, it's XP SP3. McAfee security suite installed and has been faithfully
kept current for over a year.
MS defender also installed and current. No other security software.

I've tried several of the suggested fixes that simply stop certain startup
items that can be reversed. No luck.

The problem appears with Windows Explorer and EMC 9. I deleted EMC 9 again,
re-booted, and re-installed but
the WE slow-down still there.

Thanks for the attention.

-Bub

From: Bubbler on

"Donald Anadell" <danadell(a)nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "Bubbler" <Nono(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>> After a re-install of Roxio EMC 9, Windows Explorer is very, very slow
>> responding (eg. opening a drive or folder). I see no other apps running,
>> and essentially no CPU usage.
>> A google search shows a number of similar situations with WE, but no
>> clear explanation or remedy. Any ideas?
>>
>> -Bub
>
> Have you tried this resource:
>
> http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showforum=83
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Thanks, Don. I've searched the support forum but found nothing addressing
the problem.

-Bub