From: Alex on
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via
Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of
Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no
obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for
actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as
read/unread.

This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and
extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is
resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get through my e-mails.
I've tried both restarting Outlook, Windows, and my computer. Can anyone
diagnose this and provide some potential solutions?

Thanks,
Alex
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Alex" <Alex(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via
> Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of
> Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no
> obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for
> actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails
> as
> read/unread.

First, importing from a PST is not recommneded. Simply open the PST to gain
access to what it contains. If it's the only PST you need to access, then
make it the default data file on Tools>Account Settings>Data Files.

Have you applied all the Office service packs that are available? See if this
helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/slow.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]