From: MarcSan on
This is a weird problem for me. I know that in Outlook 2003 there is no "auto
purge" option for deleted imap mail. However, if I shutdown Outlook and
restart it, all mail marked for deletion is gone.

I have tried different views, but none of them show the deleted mails. There
is no filter active.

How can I prevent this?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"MarcSan" <MarcSan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This is a weird problem for me. I know that in Outlook 2003 there is no
> "auto
> purge" option for deleted imap mail. However, if I shutdown Outlook and
> restart it, all mail marked for deletion is gone.
>
> I have tried different views, but none of them show the deleted mails. There
> is no filter active.

If you log into the mailbox with a web browser, are the messages gone form the
server?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: MarcSan on
Yes, all the messages are also gone in the webmail application of the provider.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Yes, all the messages are also gone in the webmail application of the
> provider.

My experiments with Outlook 2003 and IMAP indicate that, at least with the
server I use, when Outlook closes, messages marked for deletion get moved into
the folder the server uses for deleted items (on my server it's called
"Wastebasket") but they do not get purged from that folder. I do not
subscribe to that folder on the Outlook side so it doesn't appear in the list
Outlook displays. So, with at least your Outlook/server configuration and
mine, purging items marked for deletion upon exit is not only the default
behavior, it's the only choice.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: MarcSan on
Any suggestions left here? I am totally lost on this issue.