From: FrankW on
Gi'day Group
Anybody have or know where I might get
a extrude and tap forming tool?
The metal is steel .759mm (22 Gauge) CRS
and the tap is M3.00
Instead of a forming tool is there a better way?
I'm using SW2006 SP 4.1
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Frank

From: Diego on
If you're running this in a turret press, contact the turret
manufacturer, or Wilson Tool or Mate tool. Pem inserts are a decent
alternative to a tap and form too.

Diego

From: FrankW on
Thanks for the lead but I don't think
they would have a "Solidworks forming tool"
for a extrude and tap. I'm sorry I should've
mentioned I'm looking for a Solidworks feature
which in this case is called a "forming tool"
Solidworks has a sample of an extrude in thier
design libaray under "forming tools"
Anyone make one for an M3.00 using 22 gauge CRS?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Frank

Diego wrote:
> If you're running this in a turret press, contact the turret
> manufacturer, or Wilson Tool or Mate tool. Pem inserts are a decent
> alternative to a tap and form too.
>
> Diego
>
> FrankW wrote:
>
>>Gi'day Group
>>Anybody have or know where I might get
>>a extrude and tap forming tool?
>>The metal is steel .759mm (22 Gauge) CRS
>>and the tap is M3.00
>>Instead of a forming tool is there a better way?
>>I'm using SW2006 SP 4.1
>>Thanks in advance
>>Cheers
>>Frank