From: Jorge on
On Mar 22, 7:12 pm, Dr J R Stockton <reply1...(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> In comp.lang.javascript message <R82dnUg-OeHZtTvWnZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d(a)earthl
> ink.com>, Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:07:53, Joe D Williams
> <joed...(a)earthlink.net> posted:
>
> >For simple and complex examples of some current connections available
> >using our
> >newly-beloved html5 canvas element, please see x3dom.org.
>
> Nothing useful found there, primarily because of the smallness of the
> fonts.  That which works of their "examples" are not examples but
> demonstrations; the code is not manifest.

And this is at least the 2nd or 3rd attempt at a 3d context API for
the <canvas>, and it's not stable nor widely implemented yet. However,
this last webGL attempt at it looks promising:
http://webkit.org/blog/603/webgl-now-available-in-webkit-nightlies/
--
Jorge.
From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <a1cbedbe-2d35-425c-aeb0-aebfb13775eb(a)z1
1g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>, Tue, 23 Mar 2010 03:21:09, Jorge
<jorge(a)jorgechamorro.com> posted:
>On Mar 22, 7:12�pm, Dr J R Stockton <reply1...(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk>
>wrote:
>> In comp.lang.javascript message <R82dnUg-OeHZtTvWnZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d(a)earthl
>> ink.com>, Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:07:53, Joe D Williams
>> <joed...(a)earthlink.net> posted:
>>
>> >For simple and complex examples of some current connections available
>> >using our
>> >newly-beloved html5 canvas element, please see x3dom.org.
>>
>> Nothing useful found there, primarily because of the smallness of the
>> fonts. �That which works of their "examples" are not examples but
>> demonstrations; the code is not manifest.
>
>And this is at least the 2nd or 3rd attempt at a 3d context API for
>the <canvas>, and it's not stable nor widely implemented yet. However,
>this last webGL attempt at it looks promising:
>http://webkit.org/blog/603/webgl-now-available-in-webkit-nightlies/

The FAQ proper should be describing features which can be safely used in
pages on the World-Wide Web. That means those in recent public releases
- not Alpha, not Beta, not Nightly - of all major browsers - or in most
of the major browsers AND in current draft or final standards.

Section 2.6 "What does the future hold for ECMAScript?" could be
followed by 2.7 "What does the future hold for HTML etc.?" which would
link to introductory and standards (and maybe **very** briefly describe)
material on such as canvas & other graphics.

The FAQ needs a backup server.

Proper <= 4-line sig. separator as above, a line exactly "-- " (RFCs 5536/7)
Do not Mail News to me. Before a reply, quote with ">" or "> " (RFCs 5536/7)