From: BillW50 on
In news:RYEHm.3139$SY4.2379(a)newsfe22.iad,
Nightsky typed on Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:49:30 -0500:
> Thanks Bill. I was not aware of the title protocol.
>
> I am the only user of this computer. I see my name in the
> administrator group, but when I try to open a program as
> administrator, a password is requested. I do not remember ever
> setting up a password. What options are open to me for solving this
> problem?
> Nightsky

If one wasn't setup, just hit the enter key. And if that works, for
security reasons and use on the Internet, you should give the
Administrator account a password anyway. If that doesn't work, there are
free utilities out there that will clear the administrator's password I
believe.

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 701G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

From: Nightsky on
Bill - Thanks for that info.
I did notice that my name is in the administrator group, but that
doesn't seem to change
anything.

I opened the RUN AS... and chose Administrator, but hitting didn't work.
Message said, "
....user account restriction. ...blank passwords not allowed, or other
logon restriction
has been enforced"

I will try to find a utility to help.

Nightsky

From: BillW50 on
In news:MNFHm.4076$%U3.2519(a)newsfe21.iad,
Nightsky typed on Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:45:54 -0500:
> Bill - Thanks for that info.
> I did notice that my name is in the administrator group, but that
> doesn't seem to change
> anything.
>
> I opened the RUN AS... and chose Administrator, but hitting didn't
> work. Message said, "
> ...user account restriction. ...blank passwords not allowed, or other
> logon restriction
> has been enforced"
>
> I will try to find a utility to help.
>
> Nightsky

Are you running Windows XP? It doesn't sound like it. As that sounds
more like a Vista or Windows 7 error to me. And if you are running XP,
then it sounds like you have a virus or malware.

From: Nightsky on
Yes, I am running build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435S : Service Pack #.
I ran Norton anti virus and spybot but found nothing. What would you
recommend I try next?

From: BillW50 on
In news:P0IHm.21$oH2.10(a)newsfe10.iad,
Nightsky typed on Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:18:31 -0500:
> Yes, I am running build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435S : Service Pack
> #. I ran Norton anti virus and spybot but found nothing. What would
> you recommend I try next?
> Nightsky

Malwarebytes
http://malwarebytes.org/

Turn off Norton and have Spybot off when you run the scan. And if you
uninstall it later (I think I would), be ready for an automatic reboot
without warning.