From: Nightsky on
When I view FILE TYPES under Folder Options, all the boxes are grayed
out - NEW, DELETE, CHANGE, ADVANCED, etc, so I am unable to change
icons, program locations, commands, etc.

This is a recent development. How can I restore those options?

Thanks

Nightsky

From: Hodges on
On Nov 1, 8:26 pm, "Nightsky" <Nightsk...(a)prodigy.net> wrote:
> When I view FILE TYPES under Folder Options, all the boxes are grayed
> out - NEW, DELETE, CHANGE, ADVANCED, etc, so I am unable to change
> icons, program locations,  commands, etc.
>
> This is a recent development. How can I restore those options?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nightsky

I am unable to reply to posts that have titles in all caps.
From: BillW50 on
In
Hodges typed on Mon, 2 Nov 2009 07:46:46 -0800 (PST):
> On Nov 1, 8:26 pm, "Nightsky" <Nightsk...(a)prodigy.net> wrote:
>> When I view FILE TYPES under Folder Options, all the boxes are grayed
>> out - NEW, DELETE, CHANGE, ADVANCED, etc, so I am unable to change
>> icons, program locations, commands, etc.
>>
>> This is a recent development. How can I restore those options?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nightsky
>
> I am unable to reply to posts that have titles in all caps.

There Hodges, I fixed it with Word's 2000 Change Case to Title. I sure
wish OpenOffice had Title and sentence case. Oh well...

And Nightsky, it that true of all file types? If so, maybe you have to
me the Administrator to make those changes.

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 701G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

From: Nightsky on
Thanks Bill. I was not aware of the title protocol.

I am the only user of this computer. I see my name in the administrator
group, but when I try to open a program as administrator, a password is
requested. I do not remember ever setting up a password. What options
are open to me for solving this problem?

Nightsky

From: Nightsky on
Nevertheless, you did.