From: john.orlando on
> Does anybody else, besides xilinx, make FMC boards for ml605 & sp605 ?

Our company, Epiq Solutions, will be releasing a broadband RF tuner
card with integrated A/D converters in an FMC form-factor this
summer. The RF tuner covers 300 MHz to 4 GHz, supports RF channel
bandwidths up to 50 MHz, and will include dual 105 MSPS A/D
converters. It is targeted at receiving and processing a variety of
current and future radio waveforms, including 2G, 3G, and 4G cellular
waveforms.

More details can be found here:
http://www.epiq-solutions.com/product_detail.php?line=Bitshark&product=Bitshark%20FMC

We'll be selling directly from our website when the production units
are ready this summer.

Regards,
John Orlando
CEO/System Architect
Epiq Solutions
From: Yan on
On Mar 31, 10:04 am, Ed McGettigan <ed.mcgetti...(a)xilinx.com> wrote:
> On Mar 31, 1:51 am, luudee <rudolf.usselm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody else, besides xilinx, make FMC boards for ml605 & sp605 ?
>
> > HW-FMC-XM105-G  FMC XM105 DEBUG CARD
> > HW-FMC-XM104-G  FMC CONNECTIVITY MEZZANINE CARD
>
> > Buying Xilinx products now means going through Avnet, which is a
> > nightmare and HUGE lead times ...
>
> > Thanks,
> > rudi
>
> While the XM104 is listed with a 8 week lead time on the Avnet site, I
> know that we have these available in inventory and they will ship
> promptly after the order is placed.  The XM105 is listed with a 2 week
> lead time.
>
> There are a number of other companies releasing FMC cards, just be
> sure that the cards support a VADJ of 2.5V and there shouldn't be a
> problem.
>
> 4DSP recently announced a FMC familyhttp://www.przoom.com/news/66794/
>
> Curtiss-Wright also has a number of boards.http://www.cwcembedded.com/0/62/651.html
>
> And Xilinx has a number of other boards in pipeline to be released
> next quarter.http://www.xilinx.com/fmc
>
> Ed McGettigan
> --
> Xilinx Inc.

Ed,

I just board a ML605 kit and is shopping FMC daughter board. I
understand that Xilinx worked with Analog Device on a multi-mode radio
demo platform. Analog Devices provided a RF board called Mixed Signal
Digital Pre-Distortion (MSDPD) board. I wonder if that board is
available for purchase. I got the information from:

http://www.xilinx.com/publications/prod_mktg/Radio-TDP-SellSheet.pdf

Yan
From: Ed McGettigan on
On Apr 7, 6:50 pm, Yan <yan.li...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 31, 10:04 am, Ed McGettigan <ed.mcgetti...(a)xilinx.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 31, 1:51 am, luudee <rudolf.usselm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does anybody else, besides xilinx, make FMC boards for ml605 & sp605 ?
>
> > > HW-FMC-XM105-G  FMC XM105 DEBUG CARD
> > > HW-FMC-XM104-G  FMC CONNECTIVITY MEZZANINE CARD
>
> > > Buying Xilinx products now means going through Avnet, which is a
> > > nightmare and HUGE lead times ...
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > rudi
>
> > While the XM104 is listed with a 8 week lead time on the Avnet site, I
> > know that we have these available in inventory and they will ship
> > promptly after the order is placed.  The XM105 is listed with a 2 week
> > lead time.
>
> > There are a number of other companies releasing FMC cards, just be
> > sure that the cards support a VADJ of 2.5V and there shouldn't be a
> > problem.
>
> > 4DSP recently announced a FMC familyhttp://www.przoom.com/news/66794/
>
> > Curtiss-Wright also has a number of boards.http://www.cwcembedded.com/0/62/651.html
>
> > And Xilinx has a number of other boards in pipeline to be released
> > next quarter.http://www.xilinx.com/fmc
>
> > Ed McGettigan
> > --
> > Xilinx Inc.
>
> Ed,
>
> I just board a ML605 kit and is shopping FMC daughter board. I
> understand that Xilinx worked with Analog Device on a multi-mode radio
> demo platform. Analog Devices provided a RF board called Mixed Signal
> Digital Pre-Distortion (MSDPD) board. I wonder if that board is
> available for purchase. I got the information from:
>
> http://www.xilinx.com/publications/prod_mktg/Radio-TDP-SellSheet.pdf
>
> Yan- Hide quoted text -

This FMC board was developed by Analog Devices and while I had some
involvement in the initial design phase I'm not sure what the go-to-
market strategy was for the board. I would suggest that you use the
"Contact Wireless" team link on this page to get further information
on availability.
http://www.xilinx.com/esp/wireless.htm

Ed McGettigan
--
Xilinx Inc.
From: Yan on
On Apr 9, 6:51 am, Ed McGettigan <ed.mcgetti...(a)xilinx.com> wrote:
> On Apr 7, 6:50 pm, Yan <yan.li...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > While the XM104 is listed with a 8 week lead time on the Avnet site, I
> > > know that we have these available in inventory and they will ship
> > > promptly after the order is placed.  The XM105 is listed with a 2 week
> > > lead time.
>
> > > There are a number of other companies releasing FMC cards, just be
> > > sure that the cards support a VADJ of 2.5V and there shouldn't be a
> > > problem.
>
> > > 4DSP recently announced a FMC familyhttp://www.przoom.com/news/66794/
>
> > > Curtiss-Wright also has a number of boards.http://www.cwcembedded.com/0/62/651.html
>
> > > And Xilinx has a number of other boards in pipeline to be released
> > > next quarter.http://www.xilinx.com/fmc
>
> > > Ed McGettigan
> > > --
> > > Xilinx Inc.
>
> > Ed,
>
> > I just board a ML605 kit and is shopping FMC daughter board. I
> > understand that Xilinx worked with Analog Device on a multi-mode radio
> > demo platform. Analog Devices provided a RF board called Mixed Signal
> > Digital Pre-Distortion (MSDPD) board. I wonder if that board is
> > available for purchase. I got the information from:
>
> >http://www.xilinx.com/publications/prod_mktg/Radio-TDP-SellSheet.pdf
Many thanks.

From: luudee on
On Apr 1, 12:04 am, Ed McGettigan <ed.mcgetti...(a)xilinx.com> wrote:
> On Mar 31, 1:51 am, luudee <rudolf.usselm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody else, besides xilinx, make FMC boards for ml605 & sp605 ?
>
> > HW-FMC-XM105-G  FMC XM105 DEBUG CARD
> > HW-FMC-XM104-G  FMC CONNECTIVITY MEZZANINE CARD
>
> > Buying Xilinx products now means going through Avnet, which is a
> > nightmare and HUGE lead times ...
>
> > Thanks,
> > rudi
>
> While the XM104 is listed with a 8 week lead time on the Avnet site, I
> know that we have these available in inventory and they will ship
> promptly after the order is placed.  The XM105 is listed with a 2 week
> lead time.
>
> There are a number of other companies releasing FMC cards, just be
> sure that the cards support a VADJ of 2.5V and there shouldn't be a
> problem.
>
> 4DSP recently announced a FMC familyhttp://www.przoom.com/news/66794/
>
> Curtiss-Wright also has a number of boards.http://www.cwcembedded.com/0/62/651.html
>
> And Xilinx has a number of other boards in pipeline to be released
> next quarter.http://www.xilinx.com/fmc
>
> Ed McGettigan
> --
> Xilinx Inc.

Ed,

just an update ...

I ordered the above two boards through Avnet on April 1st.

As of today (April 12th), they are still listed as on "back order"
with 2 & 8 week lead times.

Is there an alternative way to buy these boards ? We are an
alliance partner if makes any difference ...

Thanks,
rudi(a)i_hate_avnet.suck