From: luudee on
On Apr 12, 8:24 pm, luudee <rudolf.usselm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 12:04 am, Ed McGettigan <ed.mcgetti...(a)xilinx.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 31, 1:51 am, luudee <rudolf.usselm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does anybody else, besides xilinx, make FMC boards for ml605 & sp605 ?
>
> > > HW-FMC-XM105-G  FMC XM105 DEBUG CARD
> > > HW-FMC-XM104-G  FMC CONNECTIVITY MEZZANINE CARD
>
> > > Buying Xilinx products now means going through Avnet, which is a
> > > nightmare and HUGE lead times ...
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > rudi
>
> > While the XM104 is listed with a 8 week lead time on the Avnet site, I
> > know that we have these available in inventory and they will ship
> > promptly after the order is placed.  The XM105 is listed with a 2 week
> > lead time.
>
> > There are a number of other companies releasing FMC cards, just be
> > sure that the cards support a VADJ of 2.5V and there shouldn't be a
> > problem.
>
> > 4DSP recently announced a FMC familyhttp://www.przoom.com/news/66794/
>
> > Curtiss-Wright also has a number of boards.http://www.cwcembedded.com/0/62/651.html
>
> > And Xilinx has a number of other boards in pipeline to be released
> > next quarter.http://www.xilinx.com/fmc
>
> > Ed McGettigan
> > --
> > Xilinx Inc.
>
> Ed,
>
> just an update ...
>
> I ordered the above two boards through Avnet on April 1st.
>
> As of today (April 12th), they are still listed as on "back order"
> with 2 & 8 week lead times.
>
> Is there an alternative way to buy these boards ? We are an
> alliance partner if makes any difference ...
>
> Thanks,
> rudi(a)i_hate_avnet.suck

UPDATE 2

today I got an email that the XM105 shipped (alone). I SPECIFICALLY
checked that the boards be shipped together. The board is $159 USD,
shipping is $55 USD.

No word when the XM104 will ship.

Another AVnet disaster ....

rudi
From: luudee on
On Apr 20, 11:39 am, luudee <rudolf.usselm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 8:24 pm, luudee <rudolf.usselm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > While the XM104 is listed with a 8 week lead time on the Avnet site, I
> > > know that we have these available in inventory and they will ship
> > > promptly after the order is placed.  The XM105 is listed with a 2 week
> > > lead time.
>
> > > There are a number of other companies releasing FMC cards, just be
> > > sure that the cards support a VADJ of 2.5V and there shouldn't be a
> > > problem.
>
> > > 4DSP recently announced a FMC familyhttp://www.przoom.com/news/66794/
>
> > > Curtiss-Wright also has a number of boards.http://www.cwcembedded.com/0/62/651.html
>
> > > And Xilinx has a number of other boards in pipeline to be released
> > > next quarter.http://www.xilinx.com/fmc
>
> > > Ed McGettigan
> > > --
> > > Xilinx Inc.
>
> > Ed,
>
> > just an update ...
>
> > I ordered the above two boards through Avnet on April 1st.
>
> > As of today (April 12th), they are still listed as on "back order"
> > with 2 & 8 week lead times.
>
> > Is there an alternative way to buy these boards ? We are an
> > alliance partner if makes any difference ...
>
> > Thanks,
> > rudi(a)i_hate_avnet.suck
>
> UPDATE 2
>
> today I got an email that the XM105 shipped (alone). I SPECIFICALLY
> checked that the boards be shipped together. The board is $159 USD,
> shipping is $55 USD.
>
> No word when the XM104 will ship.
>
> Another AVnet disaster ....
>
> rudi

UPDATE 3

Today, I finally received the final shipment from AVnet. 5 weeks
and 3 days after I ordered the boards. And I had the priviledge
to pay twice for shipping.

Is anybody from Xilinx paying attention ? Is that the kind of
experience you want to leave your customers with ?

Cheers,
rudi