From: savannahjohn on
When I click on the "Edit with Frontpage" option when I am visiting my
website (southeastbowling.com) I get what appears to be a local copy of the
site. I've always been asked to input a password in order to access the
server so I could edit the site. However, I only get a copy of the home page
which does not appear to be capable of being edited.

Is there a setting that has gone awry?

Thanks in advance for any support you may have to offer.
From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
try opening it the real way;
open fp
file | open web/site
http://www.southeastbowling.com

however your website does not appear to have fpse installed so you may not
be able to open it "live".

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

From: savannahjohn on
Thanks Rob,

How can you tell whether FPSE are installed? I went to Hostway and reviewed
my setup and it showed Extensions installed. Nonetheless, I reinstalled them
to no avail. I also tried to open in the manner you suggested and received an
error message: Server Error: Error2 opening registry key
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared tools\web server extensions\Ports\Port80".

Sorry to be a burden but my dad is lost and I'm even loster. :)

John

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
If the fpse were installed the following url:
http://www.southeastbowling.com/_vti_inf.html would return a page and it
does not.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Thanks Rob,
>
> How can you tell whether FPSE are installed? I went to Hostway and
> reviewed
> my setup and it showed Extensions installed. Nonetheless, I reinstalled
> them
> to no avail. I also tried to open in the manner you suggested and received
> an
> error message: Server Error: Error2 opening registry key
> "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared tools\web server extensions\Ports\Port80".
>
> Sorry to be a burden but my dad is lost and I'm even loster. :)
>
> John
>
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> try opening it the real way;
>> open fp
>> file | open web/site
>> http://www.southeastbowling.com
>>
>> however your website does not appear to have fpse installed so you may
>> not
>> be able to open it "live".
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "savannahjohn" <savannahjohn(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I click on the "Edit with Frontpage" option when I am visiting my
>> > website (southeastbowling.com) I get what appears to be a local copy of
>> > the
>> > site. I've always been asked to input a password in order to access the
>> > server so I could edit the site. However, I only get a copy of the home
>> > page
>> > which does not appear to be capable of being edited.
>> >
>> > Is there a setting that has gone awry?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for any support you may have to offer.

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel on website
Next: Creating Private html pages