From: alangeering on
Does anyone make the following:

HDMI Receiver -> FPGA -> HDMI Transmitter

I would considder DVI/Displayport also.

I just want this for video processing. I don't need audio, controls, PCIe,
etc.
I've seen some very large boards with HDMI daughter boards but they're way
too large and unnecessary for just testing video algorithms.

Thanks, Alan Geering

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: backhus on
On 6 Jul., 18:31, "alangeering" <alan(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.algee.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone make the following:
>
> HDMI Receiver -> FPGA -> HDMI Transmitter
>
> I would considder DVI/Displayport also.
>
> I just want this for video processing. I don't need audio, controls, PCIe,
> etc.
> I've seen some very large boards with HDMI daughter boards but they're way
> too large and unnecessary for just testing video algorithms.
>
> Thanks, Alan Geering
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

Hi Alan,
There were nice solutions available for DVI. (e.g. Inrevium Boards)
They are also not cheap, but they offer the daughter boards extra or
at least publish the schematics:
http://www.inrevium.jp/eng/x-fpga-board/optional_board.html

You could adapt these boards to cheaper starter kits, Or you could
build your own adapter boards.
They are mainly based on TI's DVI-RGB(24bit) conversion chips. Maybe
they have similar chips now for HDMI or Displayport.

Have a nice synthesis
Eilert
From: Martin Thompson on
"alangeering" <alan(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.algee.co.uk> writes:

> Does anyone make the following:
>
> HDMI Receiver -> FPGA -> HDMI Transmitter
>
> I would considder DVI/Displayport also.
>
> I just want this for video processing. I don't need audio, controls, PCIe,
> etc.

If you'll excuse the commercial - and if a S3ADSP 3400 is big enough
and fast enough for your needs - our T Cam Stereo is close to what you
want:

http://www.conekt.co.uk/images/stories/Products_FILES/t%20cam%20stereo_web.pdf

You don't have to have the cameras if you don't want them :)

I already have a DVI output board, and could develop a DVI input board
if required. Or we could do a HDMI I/O board for you instead.

> I've seen some very large boards with HDMI daughter boards but they're way
> too large and unnecessary for just testing video algorithms.

I take it the Xilinx Video Starter Kit is too large? That has DVI in
and out IIRC.

Cheers,
Martin

--
martin.j.thompson(a)trw.com
http://www.conekt.co.uk/capabilities/39-electronic-hardware

From: Anssi Saari on
"alangeering" <alan(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.algee.co.uk> writes:

> Does anyone make the following:
>
> HDMI Receiver -> FPGA -> HDMI Transmitter
>
> I would considder DVI/Displayport also.
>
> I just want this for video processing. I don't need audio, controls, PCIe,
> etc.

I just ran accross this (the company advertized their eeblaster deal
here): http://www.entner-electronics.com/tl/index.php/ipp_1.html

DVI or VGA in and out, Cyclone III FPGA. No price info, though.
From: Antti on
On Jul 6, 7:31 pm, "alangeering" <alan(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.algee.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone make the following:
>
> HDMI Receiver -> FPGA -> HDMI Transmitter
>
> I would considder DVI/Displayport also.
>
> I just want this for video processing. I don't need audio, controls, PCIe,
> etc.
> I've seen some very large boards with HDMI daughter boards but they're way
> too large and unnecessary for just testing video algorithms.
>
> Thanks, Alan Geering

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

cheapest devkit you can get :)
$199

hdmi in/out, S3E1200 FPGA

FPGA download is controlled by cypress FX2 (there is no onboard flash)
but you would need to reverse endineer lots of connections :(

Antti