From: Jack on
Hi all,

I want to buy a XILINX FPGA Kit and an ALTERA CPLD kit.
would you please suggest some kits.

On internet the displayed price $189 includes kit accessories(Cables,
cds...) or i have to buy them separately. Also which accessories are
required?

Thanx

From: John Adair on
You have not said what you application is so I have made the
assumption that it's the lower end. We have a wide range from CPLD
boards to our monster Merrick1 with it's 101 FPGAs.

I will start with our Polmaddie family. Polmaddie2-5 are in
manufacture and will be available in January.

Polmaddie2, http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cpld_boards/polmaddie2.html,
is based on a Altera MAX3128.

Polmaddie3, http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cpld_boards/polmaddie3.html,
is based on a Xilinx XC3S50AN.

Polmaddie2/3 will come with parallel port programming cable and one
off prices are GBP 40 / USD 68.

Moving up the FPGA size our Drigmorn2 and Drigmorn3 are worth
considering. Links to these boards form http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/boardproducts.html.
For non-OEM sales these come with a parallel port cable. Drigmorn2/3
should hopefully be on our shop site later this week. Watch out for
the free shipping and clearance offers that are coming on the shop.

ISE Webpack and the Quartus equivalent are free to download from
Xilinx and Altera respectively and contain the basic tools to do
designs.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.