From: dlopez on
Hi,
It seems like Chipscope only supports the original Xilinx cable...no other
JTAG cable would work. Anyone knows if there is a way to obtain one for
less than the very high 250$ they ask for?

Thanks,

Diego

---------------------------------------
This message was sent using the comp.arch.fpga web interface on
http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Andrew Holme on

"dlopez" <d(a)designgame.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
> It seems like Chipscope only supports the original Xilinx cable...no other
> JTAG cable would work. Anyone knows if there is a way to obtain one for
> less than the very high 250$ they ask for?

I've got one of these:

http://www.absolute-data-services.co.uk/xilinx_platform_usb_cable.htm

From: John Adair on
A number of parallel port based cables, like our Prog2 cable, will
work for Chipscope/Impact tools. USB solutions are not readily
available as yet unless you are a student where there is an option for
a cheaper cable. We may offer something of a solution in a little
while but remains to be debugged as yet.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.

From: dlopez on
>A number of parallel port based cables, like our Prog2 cable, will
>work for Chipscope/Impact tools. USB solutions are not readily
>available as yet unless you are a student where there is an option for
>a cheaper cable. We may offer something of a solution in a little
>while but remains to be debugged as yet.
>
>John Adair
>Enterpoint Ltd.

Thanks for the reply,
I am a Student, but I couldn't find anything on the Xilinx website about
discounts...could you elaborate more?

I would definitely prefer a USB solution.

Thanks,
Diego

---------------------------------------
From: John Adair on
For students http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,395,716&Prod=XUP-USB-JTAG.
I have not used this myself but Digilent have had access to the Xilinx
programming circuit for some years so I would not expect any major
problems. Our solution will be something similar and will ship with
our development boards as an optional extra.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Drigmorn2. The Embedded FPGA Board.

On 8 Dec, 23:01, "dlopez" <d...(a)designgame.ca> wrote:
> >A number of parallel port based cables, like our Prog2 cable, will
> >work for Chipscope/Impact tools. USB solutions are not readily
> >available as yet unless you are a student where there is an option for
> >a cheaper cable. We may offer something of a solution in a little
> >while but remains to be debugged as yet.
>
> >John Adair
> >Enterpoint Ltd.
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> I am a Student, but I couldn't find anything on the Xilinx website about
> discounts...could you elaborate more?
>
> I would definitely prefer a USB solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Diego

> This message was sent using the comp.arch.fpga web interface onhttp://www..FPGARelated.com

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Possible memory leak in xst in ISE 11.3
Next: FPGA kit