From: Larry Beyer on
Presently, I have three websites with Webhost4life. Two of them
have already been migrated to their new platform, and I could not
publish using FP extensions. No access to those websites with FP
extensions. My third website, which is quite new, I can still
publish using FP extensions. In time, all will be migrated to the new
platform. Here is the link I received in an email from them.

http://www.hostingtransition.com/webhost4life/

Larry Beyer

"Ronx" <ronx917(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> webhost4life are still advertising FP extensions on both their Windows and
> Unix platforms - and the description (for Windows) is for the new platform
> they are upgrading to..
>
> http://www.webhost4life.com/webhost4life/windows-hosting.bml
> http://www.webhost4life.com/webhost4life/unix-hosting.bml
>
> I have not received any notification from Webhost4life regarding dropping
> support for FPextensions, but their control panel states that they
> continue to support them, but would prefer you to move to another method
> of web management.
>
> <quote src="http://members.webhost4life.com/webControl/fpConsole.bml"><!--
> login required for this page -->
>
> .... Microsoft has recently discontinued FrontPage -- this change means
> that we will no longer receive version updates or patch fixes from
> Microsoft. While we currently support FrontPage functionality on our
> platform, we strongly recommend you upgrade to the latest Web-authoring
> tools made available by Microsoft ...
>
> </quote>
>
> In fact, there have been no version updates since Microsoft withdrew
> support for the extensions (except on Windows 2003) in 2006. Patch fixes
> on Windows 2003 are now not relevant since Webhost4life are moving to
> Windows 2008.
>
> FrontPage is still a viable web editor provided you do not use any webbots
> requiring the extensions - list at
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281532/
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>

> "Larry Beyer" <SouvenirSigns(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I have Webhost4life. They are big, and they are dropping support for FP
>> extensions.
>>
>> Larry Beyer
>>

>> "Rick Sparks" <RickSparks(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Changing over from FP extensions to using FTP will disable many FP
>>> specific
>>> actions. Much is different. You can research the changes, but what might

From: Ronx on
"If you choose to continue using FrontPage to edit your site, despite these
challenges, please contact our Support Team. We will move your site to a
pool of servers that support FrontPage."

There is a lot of contradictions on Webhost4life's website - they advertise
FP extensions as a feature, provide a means to install the extensions (I
found what appeared to be a preview of the new control panel, complete with
month old version of my sites) where I read that quote in my previous post,
then say they don't support the extensions.

To get back to your original question, make sure the websites in the local
site are either separate sites, or subwebs.
Set Publishing properties to NOT publish subwebs.

In each subweb in Remote Site Properties, Remote Web Site tab (FP2003), set
the publishing location to ftp://www.example.com where example.com is your
main website, and the FTP directory to the folder name for the subweb/site
(leave blank for the root site).

If the subwebs have their own domains and Webhost4life have DNS pointing to
them, then on the Webhost4life control panel, create FTP accounts for each
site using the domain name.