From: Larry Beyer on
My ISP no longer supports FP extensions. I will have to publish using FTP.
When I click on FTP to publish, the remote shows all my websites, instead of
just the website I want to publish. How do I publish to just one website?

From: Rick Sparks on
Changing over from FP extensions to using FTP will disable many FP specific
actions. Much is different. You can research the changes, but what might be
easier is to move to an ISP that still supports FP extensions.... and there
are many.

From: Larry Beyer on
I have Webhost4life. They are big, and they are dropping support for FP
extensions.

Larry Beyer

From: Ronx on
webhost4life are still advertising FP extensions on both their Windows and
Unix platforms - and the description (for Windows) is for the new platform
they are upgrading to..

http://www.webhost4life.com/webhost4life/windows-hosting.bml
http://www.webhost4life.com/webhost4life/unix-hosting.bml

I have not received any notification from Webhost4life regarding dropping
support for FPextensions, but their control panel states that they continue
to support them, but would prefer you to move to another method of web
management.

<quote src="http://members.webhost4life.com/webControl/fpConsole.bml"><!--
login required for this page -->

..... Microsoft has recently discontinued FrontPage -- this change means that
we will no longer receive version updates or patch fixes from Microsoft.
While we currently support FrontPage functionality on our platform, we
strongly recommend you upgrade to the latest Web-authoring tools made
available by Microsoft ...

</quote>

In fact, there have been no version updates since Microsoft withdrew support
for the extensions (except on Windows 2003) in 2006. Patch fixes on Windows
2003 are now not relevant since Webhost4life are moving to Windows 2008.

FrontPage is still a viable web editor provided you do not use any webbots
requiring the extensions - list at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281532/
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Rick Sparks on
Here's a cut and paste from a reply I posted a while back to someone with a
similar issue:

"Some hosts will continue to support FP Extensions for years because FP is so
popular and user-friendly.

I've been extremely happy with Everity.com
Others I was considering several years back include:
cyberland-usa.com
kionic.com
nitrozone.com
Here's a helpful tool.... reviews and feedback are key:
http://www.vistainter.com/"