From: malachi on
Mr. Brown,

I purchased your suite of plugins in 2001 or 2002 including the mastering
limiter, dynamics processor, multiband limiter and deesser. Lately I have
decided to reinstall and use them but I can't locate my authorization email
or codes.

I originally ordered them when I lived in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. I now live
in Nashville, TN.

(name and email redacted)

Is there any way you can provide support to me to reauthorize my purchase?

This is my second request without a response.

Thank you in advance.

(name redacted)

cc:cakewalk.audio, cakewalk.coffeehouse

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "malachi" <jdr(a)grumblesnatch.org> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > I purchased your suite of plugins in 2001 or 2002 including the
> > mastering limiter, dynamics processor, multiband limiter and deesser.
> > Lately I have decided to reinstall and use them but I can't locate my
> > authorization email or codes.
>
> That's a bummer. Every time I buy something online that has install codes
> or other required installation info, I *always* burn two CDs of the
install
> program and all associated emails. Then I email myself to multiple email
> addresses, all the install codes. That way I have a record of it in my
> sent folder, as well as in a bunch of other inboxes and archive folders.

Yup. I also print out the emails and save it in a file cabinet.

Hope you get it resolved soon. They're good plugs.

Poly

From: malachi on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.coffeehouse and pressed these buttons...
>
>>> That's a bummer. Every time I buy something online that has install
>>> codes or other required installation info, I *always* burn two CDs of
>>> the
>> install
>>> program and all associated emails. Then I email myself to multiple
>>> email addresses, all the install codes. That way I have a record of
>>> it in my sent folder, as well as in a bunch of other inboxes and
>>> archive folders.
>>
>> Yup. I also print out the emails and save it in a file cabinet.
>>
>> Hope you get it resolved soon. They're good plugs.
>
> I haven't communicated with him in a long time, but Dave Brown was always
> pretty attentive back when I first got those plugs. I had some issue with
> one of them and he got the problem solved for me quick.
>
> --
Thanks to a nice virus back in '07 I lost all my old emails and I think I
had the install codes stored somewhere, but we moved and now they're
probably buried in a box with old halloween decorations or some such.

Yep, bummer.

malachi

From: Sue Morton on
Wish I had a simple answer for that question, but I don't... For me it
has been time and experience, a variety of techniques tools and tricks
and a lot of research. For me it's the same game that lets me keep a/v
products off my systems if I'm the only user of those systems, and nary
an infection. Wish I could explain it better, sorry...
--
Sue Morton

From: DaveB on
For the record, db audioware is a small company and I still handle
most support personally. When things get busy (or I am out of the
office) lower priority requests like this can take a few days to
process.

It's a shame that the gentleman above was only willing to wait 36
hours before deciding that a public flogging would be an appropriate
tactic.

For the record, db audioware customers are guaranteed uninterrupted
usage in situations like this. For older plugins (like the DirectX
plugins in question here) a fully functional 21 day demo is freely
available from our website, which gives plenty of time for replacement
codes to be issued. Newer products have 24/7 online access to
replacement codes and the latest software releases.

Dave Brown
db audioware