From: Dan on

There is no 64-bit Jet driver, so you've got no choice but to use 32-bit
mode with an Access database and ADO.

No, don't copy the 32-bit IXSSO.DLL to both the 32 and 64-bit system
folders. Put it in the 32-bit folder, which is c:\Windows\SysWOW64 (MS
decided to keep system32 on a 64-bit machine pointing to the native OS
files, and added a 32-bit layer - the WOW emulator - that looks for it's
DLLs in SysWOW64). I don't know if it will work, but if you put it in the
System32 folder then you'll break the 64-bit version of IXSSO.

Dan

From: csw on
Dan

After I copy w2k3 IXSSO.dll to sysWOW64, it crashed. I won't run.

: (

From: Dan on
What crashed? Or do you just mean you get errors? Did you also run
regvsr32.exe to update the registry so that the correct GUID is listed?

From: csw on
Dan

Yes. Sorry I meant the program errored out. Oops, I forgot to run
regvsr32.exe. Let me try it again.

From: csw on
Well Dan

It errored out after I registered DLL in WOW64. : (

Here is my quick solution. I created a new web application to run indexing
on 64-bit and kept 32-bit to run MS Access, ADO.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Thanks
Next: windows 7 iis reeeeally slow