From: Wes on
Hello,

When I tried to configure SharePoint 2007 for the first time I get an
error 'Failed to start the database service MSSQL$OfficeServers.
Repair this product by selecting it from the Add/Remove Programs menu.
' There is nothing in the Add/Remove Menu to repair. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
-Bill

From: jholliday on
I am assuming you are using SQL Server Express? Did you try to
configure the service MSSQL$OfficeServers with a domain account rather
than network or local service?

From: Wes on
On Jan 31, 2:13 pm, "jholliday" <jeff.holli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I am assuming you are using SQL Server Express? Did you try to
> configure the service MSSQL$OfficeServers with a domain account rather
> than network or local service?
>
> On Jan 31, 6:52 am, "Wes" <wsta...(a)staber.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > When I tried to configure SharePoint 2007 for the first time I get an
> > error 'Failed to start the database service MSSQL$OfficeServers.
> > Repair this product by selecting it from the Add/Remove Programs menu.
> > ' There is nothing in the Add/Remove Menu to repair. Any ideas?
> > Thanks in advance.
> > -Bill- Hide quoted text -

Yes it was suppose to load SQL Express but it never prompted me for
any configuration. How do you configure it for a domain account?

From: jholliday on
On Jan 31, 12:30 pm, "Wes" <wsta...(a)staber.com> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2:13 pm, "jholliday" <jeff.holli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am assuming you are using SQL Server Express? Did you try to
> > configure the service MSSQL$OfficeServers with a domain account rather
> > than network or local service?
>
> > On Jan 31, 6:52 am, "Wes" <wsta...(a)staber.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
>
> > > When I tried to configure SharePoint 2007 for the first time I get an
> > > error 'Failed to start the database service MSSQL$OfficeServers.
> > > Repair this product by selecting it from the Add/Remove Programs menu.
> > > ' There is nothing in the Add/Remove Menu to repair. Any ideas?
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > -Bill- Hide quoted text -

> Yes it was suppose to load SQL Express but it never prompted me for
> any configuration. How do you configure it for a domain account?- Hide quoted text -

Browse to your services.msc and find the MSSQL$OfficeServers Service.
You can just open it and assign it a domain account, preferably a
service account you create with local administrator rights.

Jeff

From: Wes on
On Jan 31, 2:57 pm, "jholliday" <jeff.holli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 12:30 pm, "Wes" <wsta...(a)staber.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 31, 2:13 pm, "jholliday" <jeff.holli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I am assuming you are using SQL Server Express? Did you try to
> > > configure the service MSSQL$OfficeServers with a domain account rather
> > > than network or local service?

> > Yes it was suppose to load SQL Express but it never prompted me for
> > any configuration. How do you configure it for a domain account?- Hide quoted text -

> Browse to your services.msc and find the MSSQL$OfficeServers Service.
> You can just open it and assign it a domain account, preferably a
> service account you create with local administrator rights.
>
> Jeff- Hide quoted text -

The service was stopped so I started it. Tried the configuration
again and still the same results. What should I try next?
-Bill