From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Note that you can't "just add the line" by hand-editing the .rc file; instead you have to
use the Edit>Resource Includes menu item in the VS IDE to make sure it is properly added
to the resource includes.
joe

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:17:57 -0700 (PDT), Jd <j.durgaprasad(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Apr 27, 1:38�am, nexolite <nexol...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
>wrote:
>> The problem seems to be that it is not able to find the feature pack
>> resources like:IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE
>>
>> IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE
>>
>> and if i comment the menu.Create(this). then it can't load the resource
>> AFX_RT_STYLE_XML in BOOL __stdcall
>> CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007::SetStyle(Style style, LPCTSTR lpszPath)
>> in afxvisualmanageroffice2007.cpp !
>>

>> "nexolite" wrote:
>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I am getting "Failed to create empty document." when in release mode of my
>> > mfc sdi app(feature pack).
>>
>> > and when in debug mode it points to
>> > ENSURE(strTitle.LoadString(IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE));
>> > Line:716 of File: afxmenubar.cpp
>>
>> > stuck from a long time now !
>> > any workaround ?
>>
>> > Thanks
>
>Hello...
>IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE is defined in afxribbon.rc
>
>Search for ' #include "afxribbon.rc" ' in your project. You should
>find it in your .rc file.
>If you can't find it, just add that line.
>
>Jd
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: nexolite on
Thanks a lot to evreyone .. static linking is working gr8 !! .. thanks..