From: nexolite on
Hi,

I am getting "Failed to create empty document." when in release mode of my
mfc sdi app(feature pack).

and when in debug mode it points to
ENSURE(strTitle.LoadString(IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE));
Line:716 of File: afxmenubar.cpp

stuck from a long time now !
any workaround ?

Thanks
From: nexolite on
The problem seems to be that it is not able to find the feature pack
resources like:
IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE

and if i comment the menu.Create(this). then it can't load the resource
AFX_RT_STYLE_XML in BOOL __stdcall
CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007::SetStyle(Style style, LPCTSTR lpszPath)
in afxvisualmanageroffice2007.cpp !

From: nexolite on
also all this problem is with static linking to mfc and no problem if i link
dynamically !

From: Tom Serface on
This is probably not the fix, but I figured it worth mentioning. Do you
have an include to the feature pack resources in your .rc2 file that goes to
the right place?

Tom

From: Jd on
On Apr 27, 1:38 am, nexolite <nexol...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> The problem seems to be that it is not able to find the feature pack
> resources like:IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE
>
> IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE
>
> and if i comment the menu.Create(this). then it can't load the resource
> AFX_RT_STYLE_XML in BOOL __stdcall
> CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007::SetStyle(Style style, LPCTSTR lpszPath)
> in afxvisualmanageroffice2007.cpp !
>

> "nexolite" wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I am getting "Failed to create empty document." when in release mode of my
> > mfc sdi app(feature pack).
>
> > and when in debug mode it points to
> > ENSURE(strTitle.LoadString(IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE));
> > Line:716 of File: afxmenubar.cpp
>
> > stuck from a long time now !
> > any workaround ?
>
> > Thanks

Hello...
IDS_AFXBARRES_MENU_BAR_TITLE is defined in afxribbon.rc

Search for ' #include "afxribbon.rc" ' in your project. You should
find it in your .rc file.
If you can't find it, just add that line.

Jd