From: Alfred on
When I try to use the "repair" button of my network connection, I get this
error msg:
"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action
cannot be completed.
Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection.
Cannot proceed."
The only network adapter offered is the "1394 net adapter", with installed
driver.

From: David B. on
What network adapter do you have installed?, You are obviously missing the
connection for your ethernet card, are the drivers installed? When was the
last time it worked?

From: Alfred on
Only the infamous "1394" is showing in the connections, and the ethernet
card is without a driver.

From: David B. on
And your not installing a driver why? It's not going to work until the
driver is installed.

From: Alfred on
Because the wizard can't find one.
I apparently don't have one on the system, and obviously can't let it search
for it online, since I have no connection.
If I knew what it is I need I could use my laptop to dl it, then put it on a
flash stick and manually install on my PC.
The PC is a HP Pavilion m7763w.