From: AA2e72E on
I am encountering this error

"Failure sending mail.System.FormatException: Invalid length for a Base-64
char array. "

when using SMPTClient.SendAysnc

I am not using any encoding in the project and at a loss to understand what
the error means; Google searches have so far been no help.

Can yiou give me some clues?
From: Angel J. Hernandez M. on
This might help you, I reckon

http://blogs.msdn.com/knom/archive/2008/04/16/hacking-system-net-mail-smtpclient.aspx