From: JWald on
It finally happened for us. We did a multi band gig and the sound was
provided. It was wonderful. So much so that now we don't want anything short
of that again. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to afford that. My
idea is to pay the guy to run my rig, and or, show me how to run my rig
better. What is a fair price to pay when the gear is supplied. For a 4 pc
band making 400. or less a show, I have no idea what the pay should be.
Thanks.

--
J Wald

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
> It finally happened for us. We did a multi band gig and the sound was
> provided. It was wonderful. So much so that now we don't want anything
> short of that again. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to afford
> that. My idea is to pay the guy to run my rig, and or, show me how to run
> my rig better. What is a fair price to pay when the gear is supplied. For
> a 4 pc band making 400. or less a show, I have no idea what the pay should
> be. Thanks.
>
> --
> J Wald
> --
> "Can't do it Sally"
> Tom Hagen
> Godfather I
> ----

who transports , sets up, tears down, stores rig, do you provide a ride to
the gig
you can get a guy like me to walk in to a set up rig for a small club run
it then leave it for someone else to pack it up for 200$ a night, MUCH more
for theaters and "real" shows
you can hire a shmoe for probably 50$ a night and he will drive the truck
do load in and load out to boot, if he can get up by 7pm due to his
hangover and crack habit
George

From: JWald on
"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>> It finally happened for us. We did a multi band gig and the sound was
>> provided. It was wonderful. So much so that now we don't want anything
>> short of that again. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to afford
>> that. My idea is to pay the guy to run my rig, and or, show me how to run
>> my rig better. What is a fair price to pay when the gear is supplied. For
>> a 4 pc band making 400. or less a show, I have no idea what the pay
>> should be. Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> J Wald
>> --
>> "Can't do it Sally"
>> Tom Hagen
>> Godfather I
>> ----
>>
> who transports , sets up, tears down, stores rig, do you provide a ride to
> the gig
> you can get a guy like me to walk in to a set up rig for a small club run
> it then leave it for someone else to pack it up for 200$ a night, MUCH
> more for theaters and "real" shows
> you can hire a shmoe for probably 50$ a night and he will drive the truck
> do load in and load out to boot, if he can get up by 7pm due to his
> hangover and crack habit
> George

Basically, all we need is for the guy to come in and spin them knobs. We'll
do the in, out, and transport.
We've been the shmoe route, and that has been me.

--
J Wald

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>>> It finally happened for us. We did a multi band gig and the sound was
>>> provided. It was wonderful. So much so that now we don't want anything
>>> short of that again. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to afford
>>> that. My idea is to pay the guy to run my rig, and or, show me how to
>>> run my rig better. What is a fair price to pay when the gear is
>>> supplied. For a 4 pc band making 400. or less a show, I have no idea
>>> what the pay should be. Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> J Wald
>>> --
>>> "Can't do it Sally"
>>> Tom Hagen
>>> Godfather I
>>> ----
>>>
>> who transports , sets up, tears down, stores rig, do you provide a ride
>> to the gig
>> you can get a guy like me to walk in to a set up rig for a small club
>> run it then leave it for someone else to pack it up for 200$ a night,
>> MUCH more for theaters and "real" shows
>> you can hire a shmoe for probably 50$ a night and he will drive the
>> truck do load in and load out to boot, if he can get up by 7pm due to
>> his hangover and crack habit
>> George
>>
> Basically, all we need is for the guy to come in and spin them knobs.
> We'll do the in, out, and transport.
> We've been the shmoe route, and that has been me.
>
> --
> J Wald
> --

weekdays for bar gigs 100$ ought get you a guy, weekends , esp summer
weekend, 150 to 200 though most good techs will be booked months in advance
george