From: John Hasler on
Doug Freyburger writes:
> Since the advent of cross-posting troll abusers I think this view is
> obsolete. Cross-posting is abused enough that a lot of people filter
> on it - I filter all messages to 4+ groups everywhere and to 2+ groups
> on the noisy groups I subscribe to.

Excessive cross-posting has always been objectionable. Trolls have
always done it.
--
John Hasler
jhasler(a)newsguy.com
From: trigonometry1972 on
On Apr 28, 8:44 am, John Hasler <jhas...(a)newsguy.com> wrote:
> Doug Freyburger writes:
> > Since the advent of cross-posting troll abusers I think this view is
> > obsolete.  Cross-posting is abused enough that a lot of people filter
> > on it - I filter all messages to 4+ groups everywhere and to 2+ groups
> > on the noisy groups I subscribe to.
>
> Excessive cross-posting has always been objectionable.  Trolls have
> always done it.
> --
> John Hasler
> jhas...(a)newsguy.com
> Dancing Horse Hill
> Elmwood, WI USA

Nothing excessive in what I did concerning this posting.
This is all misplaced meta-analysis with no bearing
on the OP. I've match your requirements as this
is the OP is posted to one group.

Apparently this group has involuted?................Trig
From: trigonometry1972 on
On Apr 27, 1:25 am, "trigonometry1...(a)gmail.com |"
<trigonometry1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a quick and dirty posting.
> Fancast is apparently vastly more stable the Hulu
> when playing video streams. Hulu stumbles
> the at the advert "blocks". I can play thru
> by restarting and sliding to a point around
> were it stumbled (not fun as I have to guess
> a bit were it crashed) but this is only works
> part of the time and is a huge pain.
>
> I'll add the Fox site works somewhat while
> at least some of the other network sites
> only seem to think Windows and Apple.
> But then again what can one expect from
> the empty suits at the old big three networks.
>
> I am using a AMD64 system with a 64 bit
> version of Ubuntu 9.04. I am relaxant to
> to upgrade as upgrade when I ran the 32 bit
> version of Ubuntu caused problem to the
> point of inactivating the Hulu video stream
> and most others. Finally after one "upgrade"
> the computer could no longer see the internet
> connection. I was on some version 10 number
> version of 32 bit Ubuntu. So I saved everything
> on to the freestanding hard disk and then
> experimented. Mint failed to see the internet
> connection and the freestanding HD.
> Mandriva Linux 2010 did OK except the video
> was apparently crippled and so was search
> quite clearly.
> But it had it hand out for money and I suspect
> that would enabled it to work on both points
> just mentioned.
> I also tried Debian 9.0 which also had it
> faults. There seemed to be fewer programs
> in its software warehouse than Ubuntu.
> So I came full circle to an aging 64 bit Ubuntu
> 8.10 which I then upgrade as much as I
> thought I dared. Then once I reach 9.04
> I limited the upgrading to just the bare
> essentials.
>
> I am still a newbie but that is my story
> for your entertainment..................Trig

However, fancast fails when it hands off
the job of providing the stream to ABC.
The ABC stream doesn't work on Linux
hence I can't watch Flashforward on
ABC. I recall watching it on Hulu so