From: trigonometry1972 on
This is a quick and dirty posting.
Fancast is apparently vastly more stable the Hulu
when playing video streams. Hulu stumbles
the at the advert "blocks". I can play thru
by restarting and sliding to a point around
were it stumbled (not fun as I have to guess
a bit were it crashed) but this is only works
part of the time and is a huge pain.

I'll add the Fox site works somewhat while
at least some of the other network sites
only seem to think Windows and Apple.
But then again what can one expect from
the empty suits at the old big three networks.

I am using a AMD64 system with a 64 bit
version of Ubuntu 9.04. I am relaxant to
to upgrade as upgrade when I ran the 32 bit
version of Ubuntu caused problem to the
point of inactivating the Hulu video stream
and most others. Finally after one "upgrade"
the computer could no longer see the internet
connection. I was on some version 10 number
version of 32 bit Ubuntu. So I saved everything
on to the freestanding hard disk and then
experimented. Mint failed to see the internet
connection and the freestanding HD.
Mandriva Linux 2010 did OK except the video
was apparently crippled and so was search
quite clearly.
But it had it hand out for money and I suspect
that would enabled it to work on both points
just mentioned.
I also tried Debian 9.0 which also had it
faults. There seemed to be fewer programs
in its software warehouse than Ubuntu.
So I came full circle to an aging 64 bit Ubuntu
8.10 which I then upgrade as much as I
thought I dared. Then once I reach 9.04
I limited the upgrading to just the bare
essentials.

I am still a newbie but that is my story
for your entertainment..................Trig
From: William Poaster on
trigonometry1972(a)gmail.com | wrote:

> This is a quick and dirty posting.

Translation: troll posting through googlegroups.

<snip>

<PLONK>
From: trigonometry1972 on
On Apr 27, 3:16 pm, William Poaster <w...(a)mylinuxmachines.com> wrote:
> trigonometry1...(a)gmail.com | wrote:
> > This is a quick and dirty posting.
>
> Translation: troll posting through googlegroups.
>
> <snip>
>
> <PLONK>

LOL, a four postings in William's posting history
and he calls me a troll.
I have a long history of on topic comments.

So William please PLONK me, I am so hurt
and so so left in the cold. Sheesh.

Sheesh.........................Trig

From: Darren Salt on
I demand that trigonometry1972(a)gmail.com | may or may not have written...

> On Apr 27, 3:16 pm, William Poaster <w...(a)mylinuxmachines.com> wrote:
>> trigonometry1...(a)gmail.com | wrote:
>>> This is a quick and dirty posting.
>> Translation: troll posting through googlegroups.
>> <snip>
>> <PLONK>

> LOL, a four postings in William's posting history and he calls me a troll.
> I have a long history of on topic comments.

Crossposting good; multiposting bad.

You've been multiposting.

--
| Darren Salt | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Toon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds ,demon,co,uk | Northumberland | Army
| + It's 1984.

A crisis is when you can't say "Let's forget the whole thing."
From: Doug Freyburger on
Darren Salt wrote:

> Crossposting good; multiposting bad.

Since the advent of cross-posting troll abusers I think this view is
obsolete. Cross-posting is abused enough that a lot of people filter on
it - I filter all messages to 4+ groups everywhere and to 2+ groups on
the noisy groups I subscribe to.