From: vk7gd on
Hi,

I am looking for the URL to find a screensaver FanFish25.scr which I
downloaded from this site a couple of months back. I have Googled for it,
but only found one French site which does not make much sense, even when
translated.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA...Graham.

From: mirror_man on
Duddits <Duddits(a)Dreamcatcher.com> wrote in

[...]

>>> Fanfish25 is the first screen saver on this page
>>> http://www.screensaverfx.com/
>>> I've also uploaded a *very* nice fish screen saver (Thanks John C.) to
>>> alt.binaries.freeware if you would like to try it. File name:
>>> FishSaver2v1_2.zip
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Dud
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I can access alt.binaries.screen-savers but not alt.binaries.freeware,
>>would you mind uploading the file to the screen-saver group please?
>
> Okey-Dokey. File is on it's way.

Thanks very much Dud. I can see your post - FishSaver2v1_2.zip (0/7), but
not 1-7. Tried a different newsreader to access the group (news-
read2.maxwell.syr.edu) I have that does carry alt.binaries.screensavers,
but with the same result.

I've tried a couple of websites that list newsgroup entries, but to no
avail. www.usenet-replayer.com can't find the file and www.usenetlive.com
can find it but there doesn't seem to be a way to download it. Also, I've
tried to find other free news servers which have binary groups that might
include the two that have this file and although I have found a couple that
have binary groups, they don't have these two and most web sites that have
this type of listing seem out of date or abandoned.

Is it possible you could upload the file again? No problem if not, I'll
keep poking around to see if I can access it somehow.

--
mirror_man
From: jon on

mirror_man wrote:

> No problem if not, I'll
>keep poking around to see if I can access it somehow.

You want access to binary usenet, you need a decent server. Start by
looking at a block account with Astraweb - 25 dollars for 90GB.
From: Susan Bugher on
mirror_man wrote:

> Thanks very much Dud. I can see your post - FishSaver2v1_2.zip (0/7), but
> not 1-7. Tried a different newsreader to access the group (news-
> read2.maxwell.syr.edu) I have that does carry alt.binaries.screensavers,
> but with the same result.

> Is it possible you could upload the file again? No problem if not, I'll
> keep poking around to see if I can access it somehow.

If you want to try the latest version of that app:

Program: Fish Saver 2
Author: Marimo Soft
Ware: (Freeware)
http://ring.atr.jp/archives/pc/forest/f/fishsaver2/

http://ring.atr.jp/archives/pc/forest/f/fishsaver2/fs2v17.zip
07-Jul-2006 06:57 11M

FYI a translation of the v 1.6 readme file from Gururaj Rao (honyakusha):

From: honyakusha <honyakusha(a)no-gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:57:07 GMT

Here are the salient parts (which I felt were important):

Fish Saver 2 V.6 "Virtual Sea" is a 3D screensaver using DirectX9.0C.
Schools of fish like bream, horse mackarel, sardine, and yellow tail
swim around.
The size, thickness, length of the schools can be adjusted.

If you right click FishSaver2v1_6.scr in the directory after unzipping the
file, and select "Install" from the menu, the application will be
installed.

To uninstall, delete the FishSaver2v1_6 directory.
Versions after DirectX9.0c should be installed and working properly.
No entries are made in the Registry.

* Freeware
* Copyright held by Marimo Soft/Freetaco
* No responsibility will be borne in case of loss or damage to hardware
or software becuase of installation/running this software.

</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
From: mirror_man on
jon <mcdaddums3(a)hhotmail.ccom.invalid> wrote in

> mirror_man wrote:
>
>> No problem if not, I'll
>>keep poking around to see if I can access it somehow.
>
> You want access to binary usenet, you need a decent server. Start by
> looking at a block account with Astraweb - 25 dollars for 90GB.

I don't normally have any use for binary newsgroups, hence my attempt to
access the screensaver and freeware binary groups for free. I found other
news servers that offer "Free" access for a small setup fee but I don't
want to do that. As I mentioned, I have access to the screensaver group but
cannot see the whole post by Dud.

Thanks.

--
mirror_man