From: Jon on
Receive a "Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7925dc14)" when attemping to
install:

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.0 SP3, English
(KB886906)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB886903)

Thanks for your help,

From: Pat Walters [MSFT] on
"Jon",

I'm sorry you are hitting this issue. We need a little more information.
Would you mind running through an attempted installation on the Windows
Update website and sending us back the results? Here's how:

On Windows XP:
1. Close all Internet browsers
2. Open a single Internet Explorer window.
3. In the Internet Explorer window, click Tools
4. Click Windows Update
5. When you reach the Windows Update site, click Custom Install
6. Click Review and Install Updates
7. When presented with multiple updates, uncheck all of them except for one
update (your choice)
8. Look down at the System clock and note the time. Let the minute move
forward one, so that there is no other activity associated with this
attempt.
9. Click Install. Wait for Windows Update to fail. If it succeeds, reply
back and let us know.
10. Assuming it failed, Click Start
11. Click Run
12. Type: %WINDIR%\WindowsUpdate.log
13. Press <Enter> or Click OK
14. When the log opens, scroll down to the hour and minute you memorized in
step 8.
15. Starting at the beginning of the first entry for that minute, click and
drag down and to the right selecting the rest of the log.
16. Click Edit, then Copy, or just press the <CTRL> and <C> keys.
18. When that window opens, Tell us what update you attempted to install,
and where it failed from your observation.
19. After this, on a new line, state the following and press <Enter>: Log
entries follow:
20. Place the cursor on the line under the entry from step 19, and then
click Edit, then Paste, or just press the <CTRL> and <V> keys.
21. The log entries copied in steps 15-16 should have copied into your
posting.
22. Send it to us, and let us take a look at this failure.

Sincerely,

Pat Walters [MSFT]