From: Baron Thener on
Dear MVPs.

Currently we have an Exchange server 2003 Enterprise Edition. Running on
Windows server 2003 R2 Standard Edition.

This was a brand new server using HP DL 380 G4. and was updates using
windows update. we also install McAfee 8.7i Enterprise Edition using EPo.

This server was intentionaly prepared for replacing the old one that was an
Exchange server 2003 Enterprise Edition and running on Windows server 2003
Enterprise Edition on a HP DL 380 G2

After the instalation we began moving mailboxes from the old server to the
new one. after some mailbox moved the error began to occur this was captured
from the event viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 1/14/2010
Time: 2:33:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JKTMAIL02
Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7654.12, faulting module
exoledb.dll, version 6.5.7654.12, fault address 0x000edcb4.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 73 74 6f ure sto
0018: 72 65 2e 65 78 65 20 36 re.exe 6
0020: 2e 35 2e 37 36 35 34 2e .5.7654.
0028: 31 32 20 69 6e 20 65 78 12 in ex
0030: 6f 6c 65 64 62 2e 64 6c oledb.dl
0038: 6c 20 36 2e 35 2e 37 36 l 6.5.76
0040: 35 34 2e 31 32 20 61 74 54.12 at
0048: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 offset
0050: 30 30 30 65 64 63 62 34 000edcb4

we have generated ticket with the microsoft china regarding this issue. the
first suggestion was we were running an non standard version of store.exe and
EXOLEDB.DLL. Which are:
• The Store.exe file version is 6.5.7653.8 or a later version.
• The Exoledb.dll file version is earlier than version 6.5.7653.8.

They suggest to apply a hotfix:

https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=11e42815-d538-4224-af9c-e6edd32f2f61

After applying the patch. the version stayed the same and we're still
crashing. the suggested to turn off all the McAfee services and reapply the
hotfix. it stabillize the store.exe for a while. but it started to crashed
again after 24 hour. what we did during the stable time was continued to
moving mailboxes. we opened up the ticket to microsoft again and was
continued with microsoft india. They do the disinteg utility and fix some
error on the mailbox. the service goes stable for that night and goes
crashing again this morning. need your help about this matter.

Please Advise.

Many Thanks.
From: Catastrophic Failure Catastrophic on

Hi Baron,

As I can understand they told you to install this Hotfix: The Microsoft
Exchange Information Store service does not start successfully on an Exchange
2003 server. But after you apply this you steel face the same issue. Please
try the following and let me know for the results:

Steps:
*******
 Disable and stop Antivirus Services (Third Part)
 Dismounted the Mailbox Store and rename the Database file (Priv1.edbold and
Priv1.stmold)
 Mounted Mailbox Store with Blank Database
 Created Recovery Storage Group and Mailbox Store
 Mounted Recovery Storage Group Mailbox Store with Old Database
(pirv1.edbold and priv1stmold)
 Merge all the old email from Recovery Mailbox store to Production Mailbox
store
 Check the mail flow

Regards
Catastrophic Failure "JV"