From: Kelli on
I am able to send faxes over our network using Outlook and Genifax.
I anyone has done this, the automatically created cover page is counting the
wrong number pages. Example, three pages plus the cover page is being noted
as five on the cover page.
If anyone has done this before, please give me some guidance as to how to
get the count corrected.
Thanks
Kelli
From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
Have you checked with Genifax? Perhaps their help files will sort it out
for you.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Kelli asked:

From: VanguardLH on
Kelli wrote:

> I am able to send faxes over our network using Outlook and Genifax. I
> anyone has done this, the automatically created cover page is counting
> the wrong number pages. Example, three pages plus the cover page is
> being noted as five on the cover page. If anyone has done this before,
> please give me some guidance as to how to get the count corrected.

You sure that the received fax doesn't show a cover "promotional" (spam)
page that got added by Genifax (or by your employer that might be adding a
"disclaimer" cover page)? If you send a test fax to yourself or another
coworker, how many physical pages do you or they receive?

This is not an issue with the Fax Service included in Windows which doesn't
support a fax-over-IP protocol. You need an analog data/fax modem connected
to a non-digital phone line to use the Fax Service. So you installed
software from Omtool for their Genifax product that probably added an add-on
to Outlook; however, the faxing (over IP) to their server would be done by
their client-side program. So you need to ask Omtool why their fax-over-IP
client or their faxing server is reporting the incorrect number of sent
pages, or contact whomever is designated as the administrator for the
Genifax server operating at your company.

This is not a problem with Outlook issue, the topic of this newsgroup. Go
ask the admin of your company's Genifax server, or, if you are the admin
which means you can obtain support from the software author/owner, go start
at http://www.omtool.com/support/index.cfm