From: Puddin' Man on

W2k sp4 on a little desktop. ATT DSL Pro for many, many years.

Outlook 2k sp3 settings:
incoming - pop.att.yahoo.com
out(SMTP) - smtp.att.yahoo.com
inetab32.dll
MAPI 1.0 Service Providers for Outlook 9 IMEP
v. 4.40.46000
12/8/1998 3:53:54 PM

For a week or so, I can't receive O2k mail. Worked OK for 5+ years previous to
that. Tells me it cannot reach pop.att.yahoo.com, but I get replies when I
ping it. Browser-mail confirms lots of Email waiting.

With authentication, I get an unreadable flash-popup. Without I usually get
"Some msgs couldn't be retrieved from server ... usually server or net problems
.... contact admin."

Any ideas? Theres no real evidence of server or net problems.

Thx,
Puddin'

From: Orland, Kathleen on
Have you verified the size of your PST? O2K has a limit of 2 GB max, it can
become questionable any time after 1.6 GB.

--

Kathleen Orland

From: Puddin' Man on
On Tue, 4 May 2010 16:03:35 -0400, "Orland, Kathleen" <korland(a)microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have you verified the size of your PST? O2K has a limit of 2 GB max, it can
>become questionable any time after 1.6 GB.

Total of Personal Folders - 640,741K

Worth checking, 'tho.

Other ideas?

Thanks,

From: Puddin' Man on
On Tue, 4 May 2010 12:22:34 -1000, "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" <bens(a)bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:

>You might try SCANPST. I had a user with the same problem recently and
>SCANPST fixed her up. See if this helps:
>http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#scanpst

Again, worth a try.

I ran it twice: it found no errors.

But I liked your "Troubleshooting Outlook" page. Could have used it a
time or 2 in recent years. Know where to find it now.

Thanks,

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Puddin' Man" <puddingDOTman(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> For a week or so, I can't receive O2k mail. Worked OK for 5+ years previous
> that. Tells me it cannot reach pop.att.yahoo.com, but I get replies when I
> ping it. Browser-mail confirms lots of Email waiting.
>
> With authentication, I get an unreadable flash-popup. Without I usually get
> "Some msgs couldn't be retrieved from server ... usually server or net
> problems
> ... contact admin."

Try enabling diagnostic logging to find out what's happening between the
server and Outlook. See this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240347
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]