From: jross on
Hi all,

Basically I have no sound on my fedora 11 box. So I'm hoping someone can
help me with this. I have attached some files that may be helpful in
locating the problem. Any help appreciated.

kernel - 2.6.30.8-64.fc11.x86_64

Cheers

From: J.O. Aho on
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, jross wrote:

> Basically I have no sound on my fedora 11 box. So I'm hoping someone can
> help me with this. I have attached some files that may be helpful in
> locating the problem. Any help appreciated.

Did you unmount with alsactl?

--
//Aho
From: Joel Ross on
J.O. Aho wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, jross wrote:
>
>> Basically I have no sound on my fedora 11 box. So I'm hoping someone can
>> help me with this. I have attached some files that may be helpful in
>> locating the problem. Any help appreciated.
>
> Did you unmount with alsactl?

don't know what you mean unmount what?
From: Joel Ross on
Joel Ross wrote:
> J.O. Aho wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, jross wrote:
>>
>>> Basically I have no sound on my fedora 11 box. So I'm hoping someone can
>>> help me with this. I have attached some files that may be helpful in
>>> locating the problem. Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Did you unmount with alsactl?
>>

> don't know what you mean unmount what?

card 1 is actually working......

Details:

card 1: default [PnP Audio Device ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
From: Dan C on
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 19:34:08 +1100, Joel Ross wrote:

> J.O. Aho wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, jross wrote:
>>
>>> Basically I have no sound on my fedora 11 box. So I'm hoping someone
>>> can help me with this. I have attached some files that may be helpful
>>> in locating the problem. Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Did you unmount with alsactl?
>>

> don't know what you mean unmount what?

What he should have said was "un-mute". However, you use 'alsamixer' to
do that. If you see an 'MM' on a volume slider, it's muted, and press
the 'M' key to unmute it. Press ESC to exit alsamixer. Then run
"alsactl store" to save the settings. Do all this as root.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.