From: Fran99 on
I am file sharing with another computer in my home using XP Pro

after booting both computers the first time I access a file from one
computer to the other it takes 25 seconds, the seond time I access the same
or any other file it takes 1.3 seconds. why the time deferences and what am
I not loading when I boot the computers.

Thanks
Frank
From: ANONYMOUS on
Microsoft's spyware. You need to allow MS operating system to load
everything so that this monolithic conglomerate can keep check on you to
ensure its products are not pirated by you.

That is all there is to it. Why else would the operating system take
ages to load?

hth

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
If your computers are connected to a Router and obtain their IP from the
Router DHCP. Take a look if the Router's DHCP can be set to provide the same
IP the same computer each time it boots. (Aka reserved IP, or static DHCP)
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Fran99" <Fran99(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am file sharing with another computer in my home using XP Pro
>
> after booting both computers the first time I access a file from one
> computer to the other it takes 25 seconds, the seond time I access the
> same
> or any other file it takes 1.3 seconds. why the time deferences and what
> am
> I not loading when I boot the computers.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

Pages: 1
Prev: Netdaig.exe Tool