From: pg on
HELP, I NEED HELP !!

Last night I used my computer everything was ok, and today, all
browsers except Google Chrome suddenly can't be used anymore !

My computer has a 4-core CPU, with 4GB of RAM, running XP Pro, and I
upgraded it to SP3.

I have IE, FF, Opera and Google Chrome in my system. Normally I use
IE, but from time to time I do use other browsers as backup.

However, everything changed this morning.

Suddenly, every single browser, except Google Chrome, can no longer be
used.

I clicked on IE, nothing came up.

Clicked FF, still nothing.

Click on Opera, same, nothing.

Check under Task Manager, they are there, eating up a lot of CPU
cycles (80% of 3 of the 4-cores)

Then I click on Google Chrome, it works !!!

I even re-downloaded new copies of IE, FF and Opera and re-installed
them.

Still no use.

I downloaded Dr. TCP and also TCP Optimizer to check if anything is
wrong with the TCP setting, no problem so far.

I mean, if Google Chrome can run, TCP must have been working, right?

But still the other 3 browsers aren't !

Can anyone tell me how to diagnose what is wrong?

Please help !!

Thank you !!
From: pg on
On Dec 13, 7:49 pm, pg <pen...(a)catholic.org> wrote:
> HELP, I NEED HELP !!
>
> Last night I used my computer everything was ok, and today, all
> browsers except Google Chrome suddenly can't be used anymore !
>
> My computer has a 4-core CPU, with 4GB of RAM, running XP Pro, and I
> upgraded it to SP3.
>
> I have IE, FF, Opera and Google Chrome in my system. Normally I use
> IE, but from time to time I do use other browsers as backup.
>
> However, everything changed this morning.
>
> Suddenly, every single browser, except Google Chrome, can no longer be
> used.
>
> I clicked on IE, nothing came up.
>
> Clicked FF, still nothing.
>
> Click on Opera, same, nothing.
>
> Check under Task Manager, they are there, eating up a lot of CPU
> cycles (80% of 3 of the 4-cores)
>
> Then I click on Google Chrome, it works !!!
>
> I even re-downloaded new copies of IE, FF and Opera and re-installed
> them.
>
> Still no use.
>
> I downloaded Dr. TCP and also TCP Optimizer to check if anything is
> wrong with the TCP setting, no problem so far.
>
> I mean, if Google Chrome can run, TCP must have been working, right?
>
> But still the other 3 browsers aren't !
>
> Can anyone tell me how to diagnose what is wrong?
>
> Please help !!
>
> Thank you !!

Forgot to add,

I scanned and re-scanned for trojan and virus, found nothing !
From: Elmo on
pg wrote:
> On Dec 13, 7:49 pm, pg <pen...(a)catholic.org> wrote:
>> HELP, I NEED HELP !!
>>
>> Last night I used my computer, everything was ok, and today, all
>> browsers except Google Chrome suddenly can't be used anymore!
>>
>> My computer has a 4-core CPU, with 4GB of RAM, running XP Pro, and I
>> upgraded it to SP3.
>>
>> I have IE, FF, Opera and Google Chrome in my system. Normally I use
>> IE, but from time-to-time I do use other browsers as backup.
>>
>> However, everything changed this morning.
>>
>> Suddenly, every single browser, except Google Chrome, can no longer be
>> used.
>>
>> I clicked on IE, nothing came up.
>>
>> Clicked FF, still nothing.
>>
>> Click on Opera, same, nothing.
>>
>> Check under Task Manager, they are there, eating up a lot of CPU
>> cycles (80% of 3 of the 4-cores)
>>
>> Then I click on Google Chrome, it works !!!
>>
>> I even re-downloaded new copies of IE, FF and Opera and re-installed
>> them.
>>
>> Still no use.
>>
>> I downloaded Dr. TCP and also TCP Optimizer to check if anything is
>> wrong with the TCP setting, no problem so far.
>>
>> I mean, if Google Chrome can run, TCP must have been working, right?
>>
>> But still the other 3 browsers aren't!
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to diagnose what is wrong?
>>
>> Please help!!
>>
>> Thank you!!
>
> Forgot to add,
>
> I scanned and re-scanned for Trojan and virus, found nothing !

Use these to scan; your current software has been compromised.

Malwarebytes© Corporation

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

--
Joe =o)
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:51:39 -0800 (PST), pg <penang(a)catholic.org>
wrote:

> On Dec 13, 7:49�pm, pg <pen...(a)catholic.org> wrote:
> > HELP, I NEED HELP !!
> >
> > Last night I used my computer everything was ok, and today, all
> > browsers except Google Chrome suddenly can't be used anymore !
> >
> > My computer has a 4-core CPU, with 4GB of RAM, running XP Pro, and I
> > upgraded it to SP3.
> >
> > I have IE, FF, Opera and Google Chrome in my system. Normally I use
> > IE, but from time to time I do use other browsers as backup.
> >
> > However, everything changed this morning.
> >
> > Suddenly, every single browser, except Google Chrome, can no longer be
> > used.
> >
> > I clicked on IE, nothing came up.
> >
> > Clicked FF, still nothing.
> >
> > Click on Opera, same, nothing.
> >
> > Check under Task Manager, they are there, eating up a lot of CPU
> > cycles (80% of 3 of the 4-cores)
> >
> > Then I click on Google Chrome, it works !!!
> >
> > I even re-downloaded new copies of IE, FF and Opera and re-installed
> > them.
> >
> > Still no use.
> >
> > I downloaded Dr. TCP and also TCP Optimizer to check if anything is
> > wrong with the TCP setting, no problem so far.
> >
> > I mean, if Google Chrome can run, TCP must have been working, right?
> >
> > But still the other 3 browsers aren't !
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to diagnose what is wrong?
> >
> > Please help !!
> >
> > Thank you !!
>
> Forgot to add,
>
> I scanned and re-scanned for trojan and virus, found nothing !

What did you scan with? It's highly likely that you are infected.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Jim on
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:49:08 -0800 (PST), pg <penang(a)catholic.org>
wrote:

>HELP, I NEED HELP !!
>
>Last night I used my computer everything was ok, and today, all
>browsers except Google Chrome suddenly can't be used anymore !
>
>My computer has a 4-core CPU, with 4GB of RAM, running XP Pro, and I
>upgraded it to SP3.
>
>I have IE, FF, Opera and Google Chrome in my system. Normally I use
>IE, but from time to time I do use other browsers as backup.
>
>However, everything changed this morning.
>
>Suddenly, every single browser, except Google Chrome, can no longer be
>used.
>
>I clicked on IE, nothing came up.
>
>Clicked FF, still nothing.
>
>Click on Opera, same, nothing.
>
>Check under Task Manager, they are there, eating up a lot of CPU
>cycles (80% of 3 of the 4-cores)
>
>Then I click on Google Chrome, it works !!!
>
>I even re-downloaded new copies of IE, FF and Opera and re-installed
>them.
>
>Still no use.
>
>I downloaded Dr. TCP and also TCP Optimizer to check if anything is
>wrong with the TCP setting, no problem so far.
>
>I mean, if Google Chrome can run, TCP must have been working, right?
>
>But still the other 3 browsers aren't !
>
>Can anyone tell me how to diagnose what is wrong?
>
>Please help !!
>
>Thank you !!

System restore back a day ?