From: Bill in Co. on
Clarification:
I meant do a System Restore to a point in time PRIOR in time to saving those
test files below, obviously.

From: incredable 1 incredable on
I encountered the exact same problem 2 days ago. Just as you stated your
problem. I scanned my computer with every antispyware, antivirus, antimalware
program I have, (and I have many) to clear it up, to no avail. Then I used
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it uncovered at least 15 trojans. I had them
deleted and presto.. my computer is back to normal, all browsers working as
they did before. Try it.. hope it helps.