From: chris_peoples on
I have a virtual directory, lets say it exists at www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/
virtual-dir points to another directory on another server using the
unc path: \\server-b\main-dir

I have a file at www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.asp, using
the following include:
<!--#include file="some_include.asp"--->

Going to www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.asp works perfectly
fine

HOWEVER

If I have another asp file at www.server-a.com/my_script.asp, which
uses the following include:
<!--#include virtual="/virtual-dir/some_script.asp"--->
it produces this error:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/virtual-dir/some_script.asp, line 2

The include file 'some_include.asp' was not found.

Anybody have any clues as to why it would say file not found, even
though the file clearly exists?
From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
chris_peoples(a)redlands.edu wrote:
> I have a virtual directory, lets say it exists at
> www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/ virtual-dir points to another directory
> on another server using the
> unc path: \\server-b\main-dir
>
> I have a file at www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.asp, using
> the following include:
> <!--#include file="some_include.asp"--->
>
> Going to www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.asp works perfectly
> fine
>
> HOWEVER
>
> If I have another asp file at www.server-a.com/my_script.asp, which
> uses the following include:
> <!--#include virtual="/virtual-dir/some_script.asp"--->
> it produces this error:
>
> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
>
> Include file not found
>
> /virtual-dir/some_script.asp, line 2
>
> The include file 'some_include.asp' was not found.
>
> Anybody have any clues as to why it would say file not found, even
> though the file clearly exists?

Have you enabled "parent paths" using IIS Manager?
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/why-do-i-get-asp-0130/asp-0131-errors.html

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

From: chris_peoples on
On Aug 8, 12:24 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01...(a)NOyahoo.SPAMcom>
wrote:
> chris_peop...(a)redlands.edu wrote:
> > I have a virtual directory, lets say it exists at
> >www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/virtual-dir points to another directory
> > on another server using the
> > unc path: \\server-b\main-dir
>
> > I have a file atwww.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.asp, using
> > the following include:
> > <!--#include file="some_include.asp"--->
>
> > Going towww.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.aspworks perfectly
> > fine
>
> > HOWEVER
>
> > If I have another asp file atwww.server-a.com/my_script.asp, which
> > uses the following include:
> > <!--#include virtual="/virtual-dir/some_script.asp"--->
> > it produces this error:
>
> > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
>
> > Include file not found
>
> > /virtual-dir/some_script.asp, line 2
>
> > The include file 'some_include.asp' was not found.
>
> > Anybody have any clues as to why it would say file not found, even
> > though the file clearly exists?
>
> Have you enabled "parent paths" using IIS Manager?http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/why-do-i-get-asp-0130/asp-0131-e...
>
> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
> "NO SPAM"- Hide quoted text -

Yes I have that enabled on both servers, and am still getting the
error message.

I thought it might be a permissions thing but the error still occurs
after adding full control to 'Everyone'.
From: Bob Barrows [MVP] on
chris_peoples(a)redlands.edu wrote:
> On Aug 8, 12:24 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01...(a)NOyahoo.SPAMcom>
> wrote:
>> chris_peop...(a)redlands.edu wrote:
>>> I have a virtual directory, lets say it exists at
>>> www.server-a.com/virtual-dir/virtual-dir points to another directory
>>> on another server using the
>>> unc path: \\server-b\main-dir
>>
>>> I have a file atwww.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.asp, using
>>> the following include:
>>> <!--#include file="some_include.asp"--->
>>
>>> Going towww.server-a.com/virtual-dir/some_script.aspworks perfectly
>>> fine
>>
>>> HOWEVER
>>
>>> If I have another asp file atwww.server-a.com/my_script.asp, which
>>> uses the following include:
>>> <!--#include virtual="/virtual-dir/some_script.asp"--->
>>> it produces this error:
>
> Yes I have that enabled on both servers, and am still getting the
> error message.
>
> I thought it might be a permissions thing but the error still occurs
> after adding full control to 'Everyone'.

Oh wait, I didn't read closely enough ... there's two servers involved?
This is likely to be a permissions issue. Your asp code is running under the
context of a local account on server A. That local account is not a member
of the Everyone group on server B.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

From: chris_peoples on
On Aug 8, 1:35 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01...(a)NOyahoo.SPAMcom>
wrote:
> chris_peop...(a)redlands.edu wrote:
> > On Aug 8, 12:24 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01...(a)NOyahoo.SPAMcom>
> > wrote:

> > Yes I have that enabled on both servers, and am still getting the
> > error message.
>
> > I thought it might be a permissions thing but the error still occurs
> > after adding full control to 'Everyone'.
>
> Oh wait, I didn't read closely enough ... there's two servers involved?
> This is likely to be a permissions issue. Your asp code is running under the
> context of a local account on server A. That local account is not a member
> of the Everyone group on server B.http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168
>
> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
> "NO SPAM"- Hide quoted text -

Whoops, now I'm getting a 401. I changed the password of the
IUSR_machine account as instructed, but I didn't realize until
afterwards that those are instructions for Win2000, and I'm on
Win2003. Seems like it would be the same principal though, unless I
missed something.